Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello all. New Member to this Forum

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
I just joined this forum and am thankful to have found it. I herniated the disc at L4/L5 7 years ago and have been treating it conservatively ever since. I've had "good" seasons and not so good seasons but lately I can't seem to get on top of my pain (for about 9 months). On a scale of 1-10, my pain level is about a 6 throughout the day. I am considering surgery at this point as I am having a more difficult time pushing past the pain to function as a wife and mom (to 3 kiddos). I'm hoping to learn lots from all of you who have walked this road before me.
Kaysie
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome kaysie, this is a great place to be. I have only been a member for a week or so now, it is a great place for information and compassion.

I have also had a bad back off and on for years now and it has been the last 7 months that I have had to use pain meds and muscle relaxors to make it through the day/night. Like you I may be heading down the sugery route. For me it is bulging discs, degenerated discs (one really bad) and an annular(sp?) tear.

I wish you the best with your condition and guidance for you and your surgeon. I hope you find this site as helpful as I have. Take care. Mitch
  • welcome to site kaysie. Hope you learn alot about options you have. I think the 1st disc I had herniate was L4-L5 and I tried all kinds of treatments. I now see a PM dr mainly..take care...jade
  • Welcome to spine health, this is a brilliant site everyone is so nice here .

Angie x
  • I am so sorry to hear that you are facing surgery but at least you were able to get by for 7 years the conservative way. You will find lots of helpful and understanding members here night and day. So anytime that you want or need to talk there is usually someone here to listen. Good luck and please keep us posted with your progress.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you have been doing such a good job using conservative measures. =D> you will know when the time is right to go for surgery. good luck and carry on for as long as you can!!!! Jenny :)
advertisement