Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tomorrow is the day

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Ok :SS about this cervical block. Do not even know how many I am going to have until I see the Dr. at the surgery center. Almost did a cancel, but the pain out weighs the option. Hope all goes well. I did not hear from you about you cervical block. Let me know the hours are counting down. Thanks :W
advertisement

Comments

• Good luck tomorrow....
  • I've never had a cervical block, so don't have any input on that. But, good luck tomorrow, and I hope you get some relief.
  • Hi Ellin,
    My guess is you are having a cervical nerve block. If so i have had several in the past two years. While mine were not meant to offer any longer term relief but rather as a diagnostic test. As far as the number of levels they are doing should only be one at a time. This is the only way to isolate the nerve that is involved. As far as the actual injection it self stings a bit when they put the numbing meds in but after that not to bad at all. I was fully awake for all of the injections i have had. If they block out the correct nerve you should feel some relief from your symptoms. But like i said it is short lived. I think the longest i have had relief is about 7 days from nerve block. Hope that helps and good luck.
  • Thanks for the good wishes. I am off to the surgery center. My stomach is feeling terrible. This morning I had to go to a surgon for a mass that was found in my breast I should say a cyst. I will have this taken out on Wed or Thurs of next week and off for 2 days work. So, now I feel kinda sick. Hope I do not get sick on the table with the meds they give you for the block. Well, better go. Blessing with good health to all.
advertisement