Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

XANAX!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Pain Medications
I have been taking .5mg of xanax twice a day along with my pain meds. I really feel this is a big help to my situation. I have been so stressed out lately as this condition has put me off work and on disability since March. Between dealing with the pain, meds, refils, dr. apts, bills, lack of funds, not being able to do what I used to and filling out mountains of disability paperwork, I AM STRESSED! I was really beginning to lose it. I am dealing with everything MUCH better now that I am on the xanax. It has been a wonder drug for me.
Just my two cents...
advertisement

Comments

• for the input. I am sure that it will be helpful info to someone here.
  • I take 1 xanax before bedtime and it is what gives me what little sleep I get.....better than any muscle relaxer that I have been given. I start stressing right before bedtime because I know after laying down for about an hour the pain is going to hit me so at least the xanax give me some relief. I was told by a shrink yrs ago that xanax is liguor in a pill form.....so what is the difference in 1 xanax or a glass of wine before bedtime???? We all know we can't drink on the med's we are on. My 2 cents worth.

Sharon
  • for me as well. I take 1-2 per day and it really help with my depression and anxiety.
  • i have more of a ? than a comment... i could look it up but i will prolly learn more on here...whats the difference between xanax.25mg and klonopin.5mg... are they a completely diff med? i was given these to help relax muscles, anyone know? thanx patsy
  • Hi. Klonipin and Xanax are in the same family of drugs. They are both Benzodiazipine's so they do very much the same thing. I prefer my Klonipin as it doesn't make me too tired when I take it. I take a fairly low dose (0.5mg) and it does wonders for my anxiety and has some effects on my muscle spasms, too.... it helps them not be so jarring.

I don't know if this helps but I thought I would throw it out there!

Peace and hugs,

Amy
  • Xanax has been a real help to me. I have been on since 99 and have only incease dosage one time when father passed. When I was just dx with brain anerysm I was put on an additional dosage to keep me calm and it helped so much. It has allows me to pause and breath when I thought I would fall and buckle. Great drug.
    jane
  • thank-you much i take the .5 of klonopin right now 4 times a day thats what script says but i dont usually need that every day. do you know if i can like take both, like maybe klonopin in morning and the xanax in the afternoon or should i stick with one or the other same doc scribed both first scribed xanax when i told him it wasn't doing much for the spasms and the twitching he then wrote out klonopin script which works better but some times i just need a diff. kinda chill out pill so to speak.... thanks patsy
  • I would think that if you are alternating them as opposed to taking them both at the same time that it would be fine. I wouldn't recommend taking them both at the same time for sure, you know?

Anyway, that sorta makes sense to me. You can always call your doc or pharmacy for a more definitive answer, but it makes sense to me anyhow.

I hope you get the relief you need very soon.

Hugs,

Amy >:D<
  • thanx i was thinking it would be ok at least i will try and see if it works better for me , i would think it would be better than taking the klonopin several times a day i know that it is more addicting then xanax so.. thanks
    i just took a glance at your little history notes and i have to say youve had enough-cant even imagine and 7 surgeries! you dont look to very old for all that...bless you and thanx patsy
  • So thank you for the compliment about me not looking old!! You made my day. Please do feel free to PM me anytime you need to, or just want to talk.

Yeah, like so many others here my back problems are only one component of the Onion-like layers that make me "me". I believe fully in what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! Although I would have figured that by now I should beable to lift a school bus!! LOL.

Take care of you and holler anytime. By the way, I totally dig the red and black polka dotted tights!! TOOOO cute!!

Peace, love and hugs Patsy,

Amy >:D<
  • well Happy Birthday! in our house a birthday isnt just for that day. the birthday person gets a whole week of being waited on .and little gifts for 7 days. thanx and back at ya with the hollering any time! patsy

ps and thankyou aviator 26 for starting this post, im glad the xanax is workin for you, i bet its nice sitting in your boat,you look like your having a good time, do you do any fishing or scuba diving? patsy
  • I used to Wake board and Tube and Ski and all that other fun stuff. Now I just drive it fast when the lake is calm. I actually messed my back up on a wave runner!
    I will not let anyone fish on it:) It has white pleather seats and Berber carpet.
    It is a fun boat, I enjoy entertaining friends on it when I feel up to it. I have a lot more pics of it and my Skipper (Scooter my Dachshund!) on my MySpace Page. Anyone can send me a PM with your email and I can get you access as it is set to private if your really bored and want to see some funny pics.
    Speaking of Scooter, he has a bad back as of a few months ago. Had to take him to the Vet and they took x-rays and all. He is on anti-inflammatory and doggy pain pills. Vet said it is common for the wiener dog breed to have a bad backs cuzz they are so long. Were a pathetic pair. I almost have to laugh about it when I think of it.
  • i only tried sking one time and that was all i needed not to do it again, to much water up my nose but i love to watch people ski-sounds like your dachshund and you have some things in common- ive heard of people starting to look like their dogs after awhile... you have a good day ,, patsy
  • Currently taking two 1mg klonipins a day and it helps better than that crap ass flexeril / Skelaxcin
  • Also forgot to mention Im a huge advocate of benzo's in a chronic pain regimen as everyone here knows that pain causes stress and anxiety . And who couldnt appreciate the muscle relief right ? :))) Talk about a win win situation
  • Xanax is used when you are in a depression or anxiety and it is addictive and so it should be used as per the doctors prescription. It shouldn't be shared with other person and it should be out of reach of children. Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow the pill whole. It is specially made to release medicine slowly in the body. Breaking the pill would cause too much of the drug to be released at one time.
  • A powerful short-acting benzodiazepine alprazolam class.Xanax habit forming drugs and was determined only by the person it should be used can be. Xanax another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction.You may feel calm after you take the drug with should never be shared, but then feel anxious before taking the next dose for the time.
advertisement