Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 36,new day

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
hope you all remembered,im sure you did,Well this is a new day and hopefully a new start when all this weight will just melt away, if only, well a girl can dream can t she lol,Friday will be are new weigh in day and as jenny said in a previous post don t be too disappointed if you have not had a weight loss it could well show up next week,thats what im hoping for ive put on 1 pound but ive ate bithday cake and a few other treats so what can i expect,note to self must try harder
hope you are all having a good week
Elaine
advertisement

Comments

• :) Hi benji! well i did not have birthday cake but i did put on a pound. ~X( that puts me at 149. i am used to really giving the weekends a push for those last few pounds. BUT, i am ready to give it my all for this coming week. i may have fallen down on the job alittle this week. don't be discouraged benji!! good luck to everyone else!! Jenny :)
  • Good Morning! Elaine & Jenny the weight loss will catch up with you if you are being good. No more cake, see?

I'm down 1.2 lbs since Monday. Yes, my scale actually measures by 10ths of a lb. Yahoo! I've been gaining for several weeks. 'Course my uncontrolled eating didn't have anything to do with that LOL!

I'm hoping tomorrow's visit to the LA County Fair with lots of walking will help, as long as I can find some decent food choices. No funnel cake for me!

Teri
  • teri they sound like great scales,well im feeling like a million dollors ive just got my hair nails and make up done,its god to treat yourself isnt it
  • Yes, it sure is nice to treat yourself. Are you doing something special tonight? Got a hot date? :)))
  • :) my hubsand manicures my feet for me every other weekend. :X it is so relaxing and something i could never afford. you must feel so special getting your hair and makeup done too. is this a test run for the wedding? you must look so beautiful!! and the TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS!! You have done so well! =D> Jenny :)
  • :) ranchoalmosta, WOW! that is so great!! and you have a custom scale. you can lose a small amount and it shows up. that is incentive! good luck for the coming week! Jenny :)
  • tonight,i was sort of good lol only had 2 glasses off wine and 3 out of the 6 courses i even went without the cheese and crackers,it was a good night but there were so many speeches i though it was going to go on forever and your not allowed to leave the table until al the speeches are over,needless to say i sat with my legs crossed most off the night lol
    jenny your lucky to have such a caring hubby
  • Elaine and Jenny, I am right there with you only I gained 1.5 lbs. I can't pretend that I do not know why. Well, hopefully we will all do well next week it being the normal # of days. Good luck to all.
  • :) painintheback, atleast you are aware of what went wrong!! power ahead with this coming week and you will be seeing another weight loss on your scale. Jenny :)
  • Totally forgot! Monday thru Friday I get up, get ready for work, and race out the door! Forgot today too, looks like I'll be weighing in tomorrow. Sorry about that. I need a post-it on my bedside table...
  • Well so much for my big plan of behaving during the week, weighing on Friday, losing weight and taking over the world ...... cackle, cackle image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" />

I did weigh on Friday (as planned) but went away for the weekend before I had time to post. I've put on 2 lbs!!

I've had a great weekend with my parents, we had plenty of wine, a chinese meal last night and a huge cooked breakfast this morning ....... sigh!!! I dread to think how much more has gone on over and above the 2 lbs. However, the most important thing is that we all had a really good time, so I guess I'll just have to work even harder this week.

See you all again on Friday - good luck everyone.
  • Same as last week, though I was not particularly careful this week either. :<
  • :) have you ever asked yourself lately if you really want to lose weight? :? is it important to you or are you bending to what others think would be better for you? 8} do you really want to do the things you have to do to lose weight? we know you have to reduce our caloric intake and increase our exercise levels. if we can't exercise you can still lose by cutting calories alone. but that means you can't have that piece of chocolate cake, burgers, cookies and pizza. are you ready to eat smaller portions, more vegies and fruits? :W losing weight is not easy!! have you had other goals in your life? there was most likely sacrifice, determination and steadfastness in your pace to achieve your goal. maybe you feel fine about yourself. that is ok. maybe you are happy just the way you are. that is ok. i think the time might be here to really take a look at ourselves and ask that question, "do i really want to lose weight?" am i willing to do what i have to do? if the answer is yes then now is the time to put your plan into action and achieve your goal!! now is the time to know day by day and week to week you are on a weight loss plan. you are on it till you achieve your target weight! <:P Jenny :)
  • disgusted with myself and think exactly that. I get so tired of losing weight just to not only put it back on but plus more. The thing is that I must lose weight in order to lessen the pain that I feel. But, I will admit that lately I have not been very motivated.
  • :) paininthebeack, the week before this you had a great loss!! =D> don't lose your motivation now!! think about your goal and the reason you are trying to lose. once you lose, you never have to do it again! <:P i know how easy it sounds and how DIFFICULT it is but you CAN DO IT! <:P Jenny :)
  • Well that told me!!

I would like to lose some more weight but I'm not getting my knickers in a twist aboutit. I don't follow a diet as such, I've just changed my eating habits and have lost weight as a result of that.

I enjoy eating out with friends and family, I can still follow my eating plan but if an extra glass of wine or a piece of cheesecake floats past I'm not going to let it go without a fight!!

I take your points on board Jenny. I'd like to lose another 7 lbs and I will but it will probably take a bit longer the way I'm choosing to do it.

Right now I'm focusing on returning to work and getting my life back on track.

Good luck y'all
  • :) doof, nothing was meant personally to anyone. :O it sounds like you know exactly what you are doing. i gained last week myself! i post messages all the time and i hope they give y'all incentive to keep going! any eating plan that is going to work allows for treats but i cannot lose weight if i am treating myself every other day. anything i post is usually something i am asking myself and put it out to y'all. if you see yourself in there i cannot help that. is this only a place to agree and not test ourselves to move forward? can't we question ourselves to make us better people. i am moving into the stages of my life where i want to be gaining wisdom. this means pushing my envelope and raising questions to make myself a better friend, wife, and daughter. :X Jenny :)
  • You did raise some good points in your post Jenny and I don't have issues with them. I've also got no problems with people questioning themselves to more forward.

You did make me think about how much of a priority losing weight was for me now and to be honest since my life is shifting back to how it was 2 years ago (without the pain and the extra 35 lbs) it isn't so high on my list of things to do.

I'd be very happy to shift another 7 lbs, I will do it and it will be done before the end of the year. That last 1/2 a stone is always the hardest to get rid of.

I'll be weighing in again this week - see you on the other side!
  • :) i am so glad this is a site where we can have open and honest communication. i never mean anything more than to stimulate your minds and warm your hearts. sure, there are times when we will have different opinions and that is when time and talking serve us best. here is to a new week and new stimulating thoughts and actions to move us forward. Jenny :)
  • i really do want to lose weight,im like you doof and want to get seven pounds off by xmas.I am in need of motivation too,im still walking but the spring has gone from my step,anyone know how to get in back lol
  • I'm not a loser, I not a loser.

My self talk for this week. I know that the more you beat yourself up and get sad, leads to mad, leads to sad.

So, I had a RUH ROH week.

The good news is it's cooling off here and I feel more like getting out and exercising. For today I will wear black and stand up straight, very sliming!!
  • :) benji and doof, You two are killing me!! =)) less than 10 pounds and you are both through!! =D> you are right about the last 10 pounds being the hardest. :T i can remember when that is all i had to take off!! oh! that is too long ago! lol! anyway, i am sending out positive energy to make everyone's week a good one. Jenny :)
  • the weight that either of you have to lose. Yikes, that is bad. I need to lose about 70 lbs. Boy do I wish it were 7 lbs!
  • :) painintheback, i have 30 pounds to lose. ~X( let's just look at it as 10 pounds to begin with and it won't be so overwhelmoing! =D> when i think of the 30 pounds i get all upset. :''( i can handle 10 pounds. so forget the 70lbs. and think of 10. we can lose 10 pounds together. <:P Jenny :)
  • :) a couple of days to go now! this week has not been a good one for me. :S i have not felt well and haven't been able to walk like i should. ~X( anyway, do what you can. Friday is almost here! Jenny :)
  • jenny give yourself a rest now and again,to be honest il b glad to start a new week on friday,my husband is away for 2 weeks with work so next week there will hopefully not be as many tempentions,has nt been a great week for me either do you ever get fat day when u just feel fat,well im having a fat week.
    paininthe back were all in the same boat even if its 10 pounds or 100 pounds,are aim is still the same,we want to lose weight and feel; fitter and better,i will get there i will i will(well hopefully)
    can t wait til the 27th im off with my daughter to london yipeeeeeeeeee
  • :) benji, isn't it when we are feeling a little better that we tend to go full force and then pay for it later. i am doing that now. i have been really happy though lately and my weight seems to be my main disappointment. i have been feeling fat lots lately and fill bloated. could it be water retention? =)) anything but real fat! take it easy yourself! with hubby gone it will be only the girls. <:P your daughter might get a kick out of that! you certainly get to travel alot. be careful with your back and no bread. Jenny :)
  • i love to travel its what i most look forward to,i keep telling myself im going to take a gap year when the kids hjave left, ofcourse im dreaming,but i can dream and its good for the soul
  • you do have the life of riley don't you? lol Yes, I know I also try and take it at 10 and 20 lb increments so that I do not get overwhelmed. I am so excited about my new grandbaby coming soon that I have just not done well at eating healthy. I know that I will soon get back on track. I will not give up because I know how much that it helps my pain not to mention how much better that I feel. Elaine, Maybe you could take a trip over here sometime and we could all meet in the middle of the country for lunch one day! lol
  • Elaine, hanging out with daughters sure sounds good. I got to go camping with one of mine a couple of weeks ago, just for two nights, but at the base of Mt. Whitney which is just gorgeous. We went for a short hike but it was uphill and I am in worse shape than I thought! 8,300 ft altitude didn't help. Oh I could hardly make it 50 feet without needing a rest. Both my daughters were supposed to go for a girl's weekend but they were fighting (again). Sigh.

So while that weekend I was hiking (sort of)last Sunday the sciatica kicked back in and I could hardly stand for 5 minutes. What's with that? It comes and goes.

Anyway, I am trying to walk more this week and eat right but my weight is not going down, and in fact went up some then back down again. Hopefully tomorrow I will at least be at the same weight as I was last week.

I have about 50 lbs to lose, but am trying to concentrate just on the first 10 or 20 right now. I would like to have 20 off by next April at the very least.
    Teri
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.