Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I know this topic is out of context

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
But I know alot of us Texans and other coastal area residents will understand. :))) Plus all of y'all are friends so if you cant turn to friends in a crisis who can you turn to? I need y'all to say a prayer or 3 or 4 PLEASE!!! My parents are headed up to where I am to escape Hurricane Ike, but my oldest son has decided to stay behind with my 2 sisters, neices, nephew, brother in law, and their friends. Needless to say I am one HUGE basket case!!!!! :S Y'all PLEASE pray that my son and the rest of my family will be ok after this monster of a storm is over and done with!!!!!! Tell y'all how worried I am I went and bought a pack of cigarettes(full flavor at that) earlier. I know I shouldnt have but I cut my nails the other day so I cant chew on them. Thanks everybody I so very much appreciate this more than you will ever know!!!!!!! >:D<

Terri
advertisement

Comments

• many prayers and thoughts are with you and your family
    i too have xinlaws in the path of this awful storm
    blessings patsy
  • No where near you, or the storm, but my prayers are with you and your family. I hope they are all safe!!! Please chew gum or something, don't resort to that bad habit, neck problems are bad enough!!!
  • praying for your family and all who stayed behind to ride out he storm. :SS
  • hope your son fared well where he was. we missed it all, or should i say it missed us prety good. hope yall are oke whe you did the evac to! lucky the storm wasnt a cat 4 like predicted hmm?
  • My prayers are with all of those affected by Hurricane Ike. Please let us know how your son is. It sounds like a horrific storm, even if it was a cat 2 when it made landfall. I grew up in Florida and remember going through a couple of hurricanes. As a youngster, I thought it was exciting and fun. Now as a much wiser adult, I understand how dangerous a storm like that can be. I hope your family all fared well.

Cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • First off thankyou all for your well wishes adn prayers!!!!! My parents did make it here ok. We did speak to my son finally yesterday afternoon. He is fine thank the Lord, my sisters, brother in law, nephew, and neices are all ok as well. Now where my parents live in Hardin County(now mind you they didnt call for a mandatory evacuation like they did in Gustav) they are telling us that it looks like a bomb went off in there. my parents lost a cover that was built over their trailer, a tornado shifted the trailer off of the blocks(same trailer that made it through hurricane rita without any problems), cracks in their walls, carport is almost gone, and another room that my daddy built on to the trailer all of the tin is off of it. My sisters home they say is ok. My aunt couldnt get out of her home because of downed trees, tree fell on her car and a truck. Lots of downed trees and power lines. They will be lucky if they get power back in about a month. They have no running water either. My uncle in Liberty County lost the roof off of the house my grandpa bought when my daddy and uncles were little. My aunt in Baytown is ok too NO storm surge there. FEMA has yet to set up a distribution place either. I told my son that if he EVER stayed behind again I was gonna kick his butt up between his shoulders. Here where I live in the Longview are(Gregg County) we got a lot of rain and wind. My backyard is a disaster area literally, but thank the Lord we didnt lose power and it could have been ALOT worse. I remember ALL of the hurricanes I went through growing up and I remember how scared I was because of them.(Now I am paying for picking up what limbs I could earlier...) Anyways y'all once again thankyou all from the bottom of my heart for your prayers and well wishes!!!!!! >:D<
  • Hi Terri, I haven't been on the site in a couple weeks or so but wondered about you. I couldn't remember where exactly you lived in Texas except that it was East Texas.

I'm so glad your family is okay and survived the storm. We in San Antonio still have a couple thousand evacuees still calling SA their temporary home.

I've never lived anywhere but San Antonio, and it's this time of year each year that I'm thankful for where I live. I don't think I could personally go through that each year, wondering what the storm season would bring.

Hope you're recovering well too and following doctor's orders. Saturday was 3 months post op for me and I'm still very happy with the results. My only lingering pain is still in my shoulders, but really just on and off, usually having to do with too long in front of the computer.

Monique :H
advertisement