Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

food and pain

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 970
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
Hiya

If your like me then , i lose my apetite partly because of the pain :( , and partly because of the medication, this is all due to nausea :& . I have lost a lot of weight due to this! Has anyone else lost there apetite for the same reasons i have? If so would like to hear your story!

Angie x
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi! :H i am sure you must of tried everything in the world for your nausea but i had to mention ginger. it is natural and you can use it in a tea or take it in a capsule. of course cooking with it is always a good option. good luck and i hope you find some answers soon. Jenny :)
  • ginger capsules really helped me to,i also take lozac when it got really bad.hope this helps alittle
  • Hiya,
    I am willing to try anything :sick: . Where do i get the ginger capsules from ? #:S . Thankyou for replying.

Angie x
  • I think you can get them from any health food store, pharmacy, or even GNC. Its pretty popular. I have also heard that peppermint tea is good for nausea.

I too have no appetite, and when I do eat, its very small portions. I just have a small tummy (prolly from not eating). My husband is always on my case about eating, I'm like... I'm not hungry!! I've been eating all if the baby's leftovers all day long!! =))

Eat small meals, lots of times throughout the day. You can also talk to your doctor about medication for this. My doctor had me take prilosec everyday to help with the nausea.

Do you happen to live in one of the 13 states that allows medical mary? Just a thought... THC has long been used to help people who can't eat. It settles the stomach, and gives you a major appetite. Maybe you can ask your doctor about that too... If you are in one of those states anyway!
  • amanda is right most health stores have them,i buy mine from holland and barretts you can order them on-line too.sometimes ithink you feel more nausated when your tummy is empty so try and even eat toast or even a ginger biscuit might help this helped me when i had morning sickness
  • Hiya,
    Thankyou for your reply. Will try the ginger capsules. Are they ok to take with other medication ?

Angie x
  • :) hi! they are an herbal supplement and i have never had any problems with my other meds. you can always check with your pharmacist if you have any doubts. good luck and i hope they give your tummy some relief! Jenny :)
  • Well i have had my problems with this since coming home from the hospital...... I have been sooooooooooooooo sick to my stomach this last week, called NS office and they prescribe 1 type , that didnt work, called again after 2 days and finally they found something that seemed to work..
    Zofram, it is a drug they use for people on chemo... Stupid me thought I was healed and went ahead and took my pain med without the stomach pill, and Im back to where I started from... anyways, I took the pill and Im starting to feel normal again... guess I will just take this pill whenever I take any pain med.. Although I could lose weight Its not a good way to do it...........being sick to your stomach and wearing a neck brace is not a good combo....... expecially if you have to throw up....
  • :) cyndi4ever, you can always try the natural way. most doctors never even mention such things as ginger. check with your pharmacist if you fear problems. good luck! Jenny :)
  • You can buy ginger root at most grocery stores. Slice a piece off and keep it between your cheek and teeth. It works better than the capsules but they work too. The capsules can be purchased very inexpensively at swansonsvitamins.com I wish that the meds made me lose appetite! lol They actually increase mine.
  • Hiya
    Thankyou for all replies. its 3.20am woke-up in pain with my back in spasm. Took a while to get to my feet when i did , i was so sickkkkkkkk! The best of it is i do take cyclizine for sickness. I will have to go to my doctor because something is not right.

Angie x
  • Hello,

Please try out the natural solution of your problem..
  • Hiya Johnny,
    I have tried the ginger and it actually works, so anyone who has a sickness problem just try ginger, i can recommend it. Thankyou again to all who replyed and for suggesting to take ginger.

Angie x
  • Angie, in what form? Crystallized? How did you consume it? Just curious, I'd like to try it too.
    --Melissa
  • Hiya Melissa,
    You can buy it from any health food store. You can also get some ginger biscuits they do work quite well too.

Angie x
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.