Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

NECK PAIN

Precious BamaPPrecious Bama Posts: 34
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Has anyone ever used a neck harness for neck issues. If so, what kind and where did you purchase.
thanks
Brenda
advertisement

Comments

• I'm not sure what you mean by a harness. If you are talking about traction, I used a device that hung from a door frame, hooked under your chin, with weights on it to provide traction. I did this in physical therapy. Later on I was provided with a home traction unit, sorry but I can't remember the name of it. This was used while laying flat, and it was fitted to my head. There was a hand pump that when pumped up would stretch my neck. This did provide some relief. Do a search for home traction devices and it should give you more details. However, please please please don't do traction without speaking with your doctor first and ensuring that you know how to correctly use it.

Hope this helps.
    Cindy

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • yes. i have a home traction unit, as Cindy described. It is made by Saunders and requires a doctor's prescription to obtain. It does help, in my opinion, for those who need some decompression of the nerves.