Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pinched nerve bulging disc, another surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Im a 46yr old male who went through surgery 10 years ago C4 & C5 . Awarded life time medical in workman comp case. For the last 3 years I've been having problems. Pain in arms neck and middle of back. Now burning down both arms, thumb and forefingers on both hands are drawing up. had mri done shows two bulging disc an pinched nerve ns says lets try rehab then if dont help surgery. That was on the 22nd of aug. should I lawyer up or what. tired of jumping through hoop's Having to work with this and it's getting worse. And should the insurance company cover for time off work ? if surgery is done....... help!!!
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. perhaps you need to put a more positive spin with your attitude and go full force with your pt and meds. august is not that long ago. it takes time to feel better from many back problems and thus avoid surgery. i can't help you with insurance problems but there is an "Insurance" site which might be of some help. good luck with your pain and be sure to get a second opinion!! Jenny :)
  • My husband had a herniated disc this year and found an excellent therapist that him him doing these stretches, to open up that part of the spine (different place) and it eventually popped back in!!!!!!!! His pain practically went away. He is doing better than I with my chronic cervical issues and the stupid fibro. Perhaps there is a nonsurgical approach. Try the rehab and talk to them about a position to allow it to open up. This was really a surprise to both of us and an excellent alternative to surgery. I have a differetn cause but similiar symptoms so I am empathetic to your pain. I say at least try the pt. My husband was offered meds but turned them down but that's him. He never had a back issues before this.
  • ask your doctor if this could be adjacent disk disease.sometimes surgeons won't tell u about that, but that is a risk for doing fusion. i don't know if u had fusion, if you did, that could be it. if u didn't, then it's probably wear and tear. i wish you the best. get all the money you deserve.
  • I have a question was your life time medical awarded on those two disc alone or the cervical spine as a whole. Have you since your award had any other treatments on your cervical spine for any reasons at all that workcomp has paid for the treatment. Depending on the laws in your state you may only be awarded the surgery to fix the problems as your case has settled. As far as what to do not sure on that one. Adding another fusion level will only reduce the rom and may or may not alleviate the pain. I would try the conservative route first and see if you get any relief. There has been some advancements and that may be a route to explore. Good luck and keep us posted.
advertisement