Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Legs feel tight

MissPiggyMMissPiggy Posts: 76
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:23 AM in Chronic Pain
It doesn't seem to matter what time of day or night or what I am doing or done, from my mid-back down both legs to just below my knees feels really tight and like they are bound together which makes it very uncomfortable to walk(I feel like I waddle).I do stand for a long 8hrs at work. I also feel like there's a band around my thighs mostly the left thigh a good part of the day. I move around switching one foot to the other but it happens even days when I'm not working. It hurts so bad I can hardly move. My pain level hovers between 5 and 8 most days. Does anyone have these type symptoms? and what do you do for it? I take a hot bath in empsom salt often but those are not as effective any more.
advertisement

Comments

• Hiya,
    Not sure what is wrong. I do think you should go to the doctor. I dont know how you get through the day standing for long hours. I know i used to work 13 hour shifts, but couldnt even stand 13 minutes now. Go see your doctor, keep us posted on how you get on.

Angie x
  • Yeah i dont knowhow u could stand for that length of time i know i couldnt.....why dont u make an appointmentand go see ur doctor.it can do no harm... :*
  • boy you hit the nail on the head. since my fusions, i not only have pain at site but for 5 years, leg pain in hamstring area. gets tight and can't walk too well. i've seen drs but to no avail. i might try an injection but last time did not help. anyone else have this

jon
    I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
  • Thank you for your comments. I last saw my PM 4 weeks ago and see him again in another 4weeks. Right now I am having PT in fact in a couple of minutes I go. I am having traction (80lbs)now. I have 2 more session after today. It will be interesting to see what happens. I have been using the Lidocane patch when I work. I helps a little in small area in my back but only where the patch is. The pains I get in my legs are I want to scream :''( . I am thankful I have the strength that I do have, it just gets me really down. This is just not like me. Thank you again. Any comments anytime. Thanx
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.