Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2 months out and started PT today

cherrybabyccherrybaby Posts: 49
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
:S =D> today was my first day of PT it went really good.
It is going to be intersting to see how thing porgress.

I will be two months of on the 17th. and for the most part everything is going good. The only proble that I have had is that, Over the weekend I passed out.
I got up to get a drink and then I am on my kitchen floor then on my couch i do not remember how i got to the floo or back to the couch. My doc. thinks i either just passed out or it might have been a seizeur we don't know and no one seen it happen where it was 1:30a.m.
I bent the lower handel of my stove to where i can not fix itand my drink went all over the floor. the doc. said that i should be ok with my back since it was not a "major fall" according to him. My arm is majorly bruised and sore but other than that i am ok. :SS but i am not sure i am starting to have a little more pain and i do not know if it is cause of PT. so we will just wait and see what happens! :S
advertisement

Comments

• Oh I am sorry you had a fall. I too did at about the same time as you (8 weeks) and all was fine. I jsut went straight down on my knees.
    Like you I was :SS and worried I might have damaged something but thankfully the O/S had said to me that I pretty much would have to fall from a height to do any damage.

It is great you ahave started PT. Doesn't it make a difference to be doing something to help yourself! =D>

Have you had your Iron levels checked? That could be the cause of the fainting. Or even your meds if you are still taking them.

I hope everything continues to improve for you then you can <:P <:P <:P

Blessings Sara
  • Sorry you passed out like that!!
    It happens to my son at times. He will go do something or be doing something and boom.
    I forget the diangnosis for him forgive me. The word is stuck on the tip of my touge.
    His BP drops while doing something or going from a laying to standing position. And remembers nothing about it.
    One time he came from the living room to our bedroom and BOOM down on to my dresser.
    I hope it does not happen to you again. Or they find the source of what happened for ya ;)

Anyways my point is SO GLAD YOUR STARTING PT!!! =D> =D>
    Listen to your body while doing so. Do not let yourself get over worked. And of course continue it after your done.
    One thing I did not have last year because I was doing so good.
    Well this time around IM GETTING EXERICES to do at home as I cannot make it to PT. Im like a bowl of jello w/ my muscles etc. Its kinda gross. :&

KEEP UP THE AWESOME RECOVERY >:D< =D> =D> =D> <:P
  • I hope you are OK now!

Keep an eye on it, if it happens again get yourself straight back to the doctors.

Good news regards PT but be careful. Like Terri says, listen to your body.

Postural drop - Terri is what it is called. When you go from sitting to standing too fast the BP drops too fast and you pass out. Do it slowly and let your head recover (dizzi) >:D< often happens when the BP is low to start with. I know it is not uncommon after surgery but I can't recall the reason...Might be the anaesthia gases...not sure.