Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI

kimmeamkkimmeam Posts: 149
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Imression:
1. Multilevel degeneration disc disease is seen throughout the mid and cervical spine. The most significant abnormality occurs at the c3-c4 level where there is a moderate posterior disc extrusion seen at the midline which flattens the ventral aspect of the cervical spinal cord at this level. There is minimal hyperintense T2 weighted signal abnormality within the cord at this level suggestive of myelomalacia and / or cord edema.
2. The next most significant abnormality occurs at the c4-c5 level where there is a moderate disc osteophyte complex which extends in a right paracentral location resulting in moderate right neural foraminal stenosis.
3. There is mild canal stenosis demonstrated at the c5-c6 level due to a moderate diffuse disc osteophyte complex which effaces the ventral CSF space. There is no underlying cord signal abnormality identified at this level.
4. There is a .9 cm oval lesion present within the left lobe of the thyroid which likely represents a small colliod cyst. This finding could be confirmed with a thyroid ultrasound as indicated.

I had acdf c5-6 on 08/08. I am much worse now than I was before. The pain at times can be excruciating. I started P/T that is not fun. The surgeon told me that at my next post op we will not be prescribing anymore medication. I am on perc. 5/325 once every 4 hours. He tells me that it can take up to 1 1/2 years to get relief!
My question is from reading the findings of my MRI am I likely to have more fusions done in the future? If this is the outcome at 5 1/2 weeks I don't think I'd do it again.
I know we are not Dr.s just want your impressions as I am so frustrated.
advertisement

Comments

• hi, are you saying this is a new MRI reading after your surgery you had 6 weeks ago? patsy
  • No. This is the original one prior to the surgery. I have not had another one yet.
    I'm just concerned & a bit scared.
  • they only fixed c5-6? patsy
  • Yes that is correct acdf with late & screws c 5/6 only. I'm beginning to think that I'm not going to get better as the others are bad too. Because so far I have no relief, no the numbness & tingling in my arm & fingers is not as much.
  • u say u have myelopathy symptoms. what are they? i have that too and i'm sti :^o ll confused as to what that effects. my doc said the weakness in the legs is that but the rest of my pain like joint finger pain and arm burning isn't. and then noone is telling me what the damn pain in between my should blades is!! urrrrrrrr
  • Im sorry for not getting back to you i just recently was getting caught up on sum post.. im sure Paul can help and explain things much better then I but if you have some questions or just want to talk please PM me i will be happy to help with anything i can
    when you mention the pain between your shoulder blades i was thinking i no what she means totally I was having this about 2 or 3 weeks ago it was getting worse every day and it was kinda a new thing so i called my doc. to get in asap i dont usually do that asap thing but it was real bad i was almost crying it hurt so bad i had to see a diff. doc mine was out for the day my son had to drive me cause i can not drive at this time and he went in doc office with me, im so glad he went in with me i feel its very important to have someone go in with you when you see doc, he could tell right away i was hurting so bad and i could tell this pain was in between my blades but it was causing other things to hurt, he was real close to sending me to hosp. but... he
    did not when he asked me to get on the table i could not lift my leg to get up and i became emotional just because i felt so sad that the nurse and doc was seeing what i could not do.. my son understand for he is with me everyday he is 27 and is my greatest shoulder to lean on with hubby working so many hours i guess i was feeling a little embarrassed because i could barely walk even with my cane. the doc and nurse were very kind to me and even with all my neck problems he really believed my muscles in my shoulder blades were reacting to all my neck issues after he explained to me why this was happening i did understand what he was saying ,i received a shot of vit b which i think is very important we should always keep are vit b #s up he gave me a script for klonopin he believe this would help my back shoulder muscles feel better. i had never dealt with this klonopin before. but i will tell you helped unbelievable, i only take it PRN now but when i feel that awful pain that i can tell is in my between shoulders and spreading up my neck and down my arms and fingers it works hopefully by only taking it as needed it will keep helping for a while . i hope you can find something that might help you with living with pain everyday just trying to cope and never forget hope there is gonna be a better day might be a while might be tomorrow well i just rambled my experience to no end but i hope maybe i just might oh helped if even just a little dhoward i know your are scared im scared too! but we got to be hopeful for better days.lots of love, patsy
  • Im sorry for not getting back to you i just recently was getting caught up on sum post.. im sure Paul can help and explain things much better then I but if you have some questions or just want to talk please PM me i will be happy to help with anything i can
    when you mention the pain between your shoulder blades i was thinking i no what she means totally I was having this about 2 or 3 weeks ago it was getting worse every day and it was kinda a new thing so i called my doc. to get in asap i dont usually do that asap thing but it was real bad i was almost crying it hurt so bad i had to see a diff. doc mine was out for the day my son had to drive me cause i can not drive at this time and he went in doc office with me, im so glad he went in with me i feel its very important to have someone go in with you when you see doc, he could tell right away i was hurting so bad and i could tell this pain was in between my blades but it was causing other things to hurt, he was real close to sending me to hosp. but... he
    did not when he asked me to get on the table i could not lift my leg to get up and i became emotional just because i felt so sad that the nurse and doc was seeing what i could not do.. my son understand for he is with me everyday he is 27 and is my greatest shoulder to lean on with hubby working so many hours i guess i was feeling a little embarrassed because i could barely walk even with my cane. the doc and nurse were very kind to me and even with all my neck problems he really believed my muscles in my shoulder blades were reacting to all my neck issues after he explained to me why this was happening i did understand what he was saying ,i received a shot of vit b which i think is very important we should always keep are vit b #s up he gave me a script for klonopin he believe this would help my back shoulder muscles feel better. i had never dealt with this klonopin before. but i will tell you helped unbelievable, i only take it PRN now but when i feel that awful pain that i can tell is in my between shoulders and spreading up my neck and down my arms and fingers it works hopefully by only taking it as needed it will keep helping for a while . i hope you can find something that might help you with living with pain everyday just trying to cope and never forget hope there is gonna be a better day might be a while might be tomorrow well i just rambled my experience to no end but i hope maybe i just might oh helped if even just a little dhoward i know your are scared im scared too! but we got to be hopeful for better days.lots of love, patsy
  • You really should be asking your doc. Whether it be your surgeon or your GP. For any of us to try and out think or out guess a trained neurosurgeon is foolish. I have my own opinion based on what I read, however I do not want to put any crazy ideas into your mind so that you modify your behavior without realizing it. (I hope that makes sense)

Please please please consult with your doc on this and not the members. I would really hate to see anyone get you upset thinking one thing when it really isn't that.

"C"
  • kimmeam--Sorry you are going thru such a rough time. Keep in mind that your body has been thru a lot. It may take some time to feel better. It's ok to be scared and worried about your outcome! Think of how brave you were to have the surgery! Please keep us posted, and hang in there; be kind to yourself, and talk to your docs. ---Mazy
  • i definitely agree with C get your surgeon to explain to you why your having so much trouble. A new mri would be best and find out from him exactly how bad the other levels have gotten and if he plans on doing anything about them. Good luck
advertisement