Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi One Week New Anyway had Trigger Therapy?

charryccharry Posts: 5,753
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi Everyone,
I have L5-S1 small far right herniated disc and both legs sciatica. I also have DDD in thoracic and mild forimal narrowing. I am not a candidate for Surgery.I have been off work for 7 months and have gained 50 pounds in 7 months from inactivity and pain and depression.
I'm going now for trigger therapy which consists of approx. 8-16 injections of lidocaine in my back muscles. This therapy causes the muscles to elongate and not keep contracted. I have 6 weeks one day a week injections.
I will try anything, but I'm getting sore and I hate needles anyway. Like who doesn't.Nice to have met some of you already. It's so great to be here to get support.
I'm on MS Contin,lyrica, amitryptiline, oxazapam to help me sleep and calm me as well as flexeril, naproxen,wellbutrin and lasix. See you here and chat.
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to our little refuge. Sorry to hear of your woes, but we will do everything we can to encourage and assist you through it all.

It is good to hear you are going to PM, but is there a reason you are not a surgical candidate or is it just a process / formallity thing?

Anyways, Best of Wishes,
  • welcome to spine-health...
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. nice to have you on board! i am not a surgical candidate either and have a whole range of conservative measures to treat my pain. :? good luck and keep us posted as you progress! Jenny :)
  • charry- welcome to site. I just had 2 trigger point injections yesterday. I had 1 in neck/shoulder area and 1 in the lumbar area. They kinda stung and I think they have helped a little. My dr then recommended an injection in the SI joint and/or sciatic arch I believe she said. But this injection she wanted steroids and under a fluoroscope.Not sure if I'll do this yet though..take care..jade
  • and I hope you find some relief from the injection therapy. Keep us informed.
  • We are glad to have you here. Boy don't I know what the weight gain thing is all about. Between the meds and immobility it can get packed on quickly. The worse thing is that the weight is very hard on our back. A few of us members have a weight loss support group here under the Diet and Nutrition Topic. Some weeks we do well and some weeks we do not but we continue to encourage each other either way. If you feel like joining us we would be glad to have you. Good luck with the injections.
  • Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm midway through the injections and they've helped a little for the sciatica to my leg and foot. Because of the decrease in pain I can see an end to pain in sight. I was at the end of my rope and just to be here, and get the support gives me some more hope to go on. Thanks everyone. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement