Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Preparing for spinal fusion surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
Good morning. I'm new to this forum and am preparing for spinal fusion surgery (for scoliosis and degenerative disc issues), next Monday. I've prepared my physical space, researched pre/post surgery info, and feel prepared mentally for the changes this surgery will make in my life (both good and bad). What I haven't been able to find until I read the article on the home page of this website, is a personal account of what to expect during and after the surgery. I know it's different for each person, but can anyone share (without concentrating too much on the gory details)with me their experience, and details that might help me prepare more for life after spinal surgery.
I will have T10-L5 fusion, with bone graph taken from the spine.
I appreciate everyone's input and help with my journey.

SBliss
advertisement

Comments

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i can't help you with your upcoming surgery except to tell you to follow the doctor's orders. it can make or break your recovery. good luck and keep looking around till you feel totally at ease with what you will be going through. Jenny :)
  • the surgery topic for more personal experiences with fusion. You can add your info at the bottom by clicking on my account at the top of this page and then clicking on edit. I think that it is called your signature line. Good luck with your surgery and please keep us posted.
  • I am also in line for L5-S1 fusion Oct 27th . I am anxious to hear of your outcome. Good luck and God Bless!
    RB in Indiana

Lumbar stenosis Herniated disc
    Lumbar laminectomy/discectomy 8/29/07
    Scheduled L5-S1 fusion/pedicle screws 10/27/08
  • I was so anxious to get into this forum I did not introduce my self. I am relatively new to this medical world surgeries and rehab. Had lumbar laminectomy/discectomy for senosis , herniated disc 8/29/07. In line for L5-S1 fusion/ pedicle screws on Oct. 27th. I will be reading all of your experiences and asking lots of questions. Thanks for having me here!
    RB in Indiana
advertisement