Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

2nd Cervical EPI @ C6/7 not working - in a lot of pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Spinal Injections
I had my 2nd Cervical Injection on 9/8/08 - I really thought I might relief because I actually went for 4 days with hardly any pain. I felt good. Saturday I totally cleaned our house, something a person would normally do such as housework. Now I am in pain again. It's on L side of neck, down into shoulder and arm which is burning and into middle finger. But now, I also feel it on my right side :O I have my next injection on 9/24 - This is so dissapointing I was really hoping these would work - although I know I've read all over they are just a bandaid for the time being and the pain will always return. I'm afraid I'm heading for surgery. 10/1 I have follow upwith my OS who will then probably refer me to a neurosurgeon. Honestly, I cant wait. At this point, I want to have surgery to just fix the problem. What problem? Oh boy, I have almost complete reversal of the cervical spine, herniation of C6/C7 hitting spinal cord and moderate bulge at C5/6 - that was from 10/07 MRI report. I really should push for another MRI and soon. I think it's MUCH worse oh and the headaches and ear pain - is that all related?

Thanks - Sandra - just took a SOMA and going into LALA land ;)
advertisement

Comments

• sandra- I hope the next cervical injection will help again. I usually have relief from headaches and some neck/shoulder pain when I get the cervical ESIs. I usually have a tremendous boost of energy and it is hard for me not to overdo or during that time to overeat. Hope the dr appt goes well...jade
  • I had my cervical injection at the same level you did about 3 weeks ago first one helped and pain started to come back got 2nd one and same thing tomorrow I am going for the ablation. My understanding is that if the injections work and you need to keep a pain log than the spot was hit and you can have the ablation done. I had this done on my LB and was chicken now I am glad I did so, hoping that I have the same relief with the neck. Good luck to you and I know you will be thinking of me too. Blessing with good health. >:D<
  • What is a ablation? I am scheduled for an epidural later this month.
  • I googled it. Thank God for Google...What did we ever do without it...
  • just sending some virtual hugs your way >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

i feel your pain and iv been there before ;)
    hang in there the drs will get this straight soon fingers crossed :X :* O:)
advertisement