Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm hurting again

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
HI All,

I got back from a trip to the Bahamas a couple of weeks ago and I was virtually pain free! Wow, what a miracle! <:P

I pinned my PT down to give me a target for when I could be discharged. He said when I can consistantly do 30 roll ups and my pain is stabalized. I did 30 rollups last Thursday and felt so optomisitic! Now I'm hurting again. My PT worked on my neck last night because my left arm was hurting. Today I can barely turn my head. I am very frustrated. Maybe the Dr. should give me a prescription to visit a tropical island once a month???? >:D<

I'm sure the PT is not causing the pain because it has helped so much overall. The only thing I can figure is that it's my set up at work. I'm usually out on sales calls, but have been at my desk a lot since I got back. The company is installing a keyboard holder for me and giving me a keyboard and mouse for my laptop. I will put my laptop on a stand so I don't have to look down at it. Maybe that will help. I sure hope so.

I see a neurologist on the 25th. She's also an OD so I feel pretty confident that she won't recommend sugery unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm just sooo tired of medications that make me sleepy, PT, pain and feeling in limbo. I keep hoping that I can conquer this, but every time I think I've made progress I end up right back where I started..... :<
advertisement

Comments

• So sorry to hear you are having some off days. Take it easy and keep getting those massages.

The newer equipment setup should help you a bit -- keep you from holding bad posture for long periods.

Hope all works out quickly
  • it is just a minor setback. maybe you will experience a little pain on your way to healing. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • Thanks letting me vent and for the positive comments :) I definitely need to change my mindset and remember that I am making progress. Just the fact that I do have good days is a huge plus! I have been obsessing way too much, making this the focus of my life. NOT A GOOD THING! I should be counting my many blessings instead O:) Thanks again for letting me vent....sometimes I just gotta let it out!
  • Lauren - sorry you are having more bad days than good. It gets hard after so long to appreciate those good times when they are so overwhelmed by the bad.

I hope you have more good days ahead. I hope the new set up at work helps you. I just got a new chair at work, and I'm still trying to determine if it helps. I won't ever tell my boss it wasn't worth the cost though.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.