Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

has anyone had....

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi, my name is Jackie and i am a single mom of 3. i am 29 years old and i am getting ready to have a anterior lumbar interbody fusion with bmp done. i am having it through the stomach. i was wanting to know if any one had it done and what has it done for you?
advertisement

Comments

• I'm 10 weeks postop from anterior fusion with BMP. I'm on my 2nd week back to work and making it alright. Having some tightness, soreness, and stiffness. It's a pretty hard surgery. My incision wasn't as sore as a C-section, but not being able to bend, twist, pick up things, shave your legs, wash your feet, etc....that was hard. I moved everything up to waist level and had a grabber too.

I had pretty bad pain, close to before surgery, until about week 8. It lessened off after I went thru 6 visits at physical therapy. I still have achey hips. All of my leg numbness is gone though and I've only had pain a few times down my legs here and there.

Everyone's told me it takes 3 months to really feel okay and up to a year to be completely healed up. I have two kids and they helped me quite a bit.

Good luck!
    Melisa
  • I have not had mine yet, but I am also scheduled for ALIF. Using BMP and posterior fixation. When is your surgery date?
  • Has anyone heard of XLIF surgery? I'm discussing this procedure with my surgeon and can't find a lot of info on it online. Anxious to talk to someone familiar with this surgery. Thanks!
  • I'm also having ALIF on the 25th with BMP level L4-5 L5-S1.
    I'm also really lucky too, I'm getting a free tummy tuck!! YAY! That's the only nice thing about this, except hopefully to lose all the pain!
    Kim
advertisement