Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Portable long-lasting heat? ThermaCare alternative

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Lower Back Pain
I have seen some of you mention a portable & reusable heat source for lower back. I am currently using ThermaCare wraps, but they are expensive. Can you give me more information on brand name and where to find them.

I'm looking for something that will last 4-8 hours, and doesn't need to be plugged in or anything. Something that will fit under clothes, so I can wear it at work.

Thanks.
advertisement

Comments

• i have what you are looking for. im gonna go look at the tag and get the info back to you, i know you can order them on the puter they are the best things ever made...patsy
  • hi, Ron is it okay if i put the name of this heat thing and their website on the board?...patsy
  • I didn't think about the posting problem for products, but I think it should be all right to send me a PM. I've seen moderators tell people to use PM for this kind of thing.
  • the tag on mine is kinda faded and a bit shredded, but my son is the one that ordered the last one for me so he will know.I will ask him later and pm you...patsy
  • Thanks Patsy. I have found several by doing a search online, all various prices. But with most things, I would like to know that other people have tried them and find them reliable and live up to the advertisement. I appreciate your help.
  • something called a back buddy. You can find it in most major drug stores. It is the best because it gives off moist heat. You put it in the microwave to heat it, you fasten it around the waist with velcro. The heat lasts about 2 hours before you need to put it back in the micro. I love mine and could not get by without it.
  • thanks - most of the info (on line) says 1 hour, but it's good to know that in real use it can last for 2 hours. I do have access to a microwave at work, so that might work.

I'd still like to find something that can last 4 hours, for long car trips. But if I can't find something like that, I have other options (power inverter with my electric heating pad).
  • Cathy~I can't remember which store it was, might have been Walgreens or Wal-Mart, but I saw an ad for a store brand heat wrap that's like the thermacare but half he price of the name brand. Just thought you might want to look into that...

Good luck in your search to find something you can use in the car or wherever! If you don't mind, maybe you could come back here and let us know what you've found and decided upon, and how well it works (or doesn't) for you? That would be great if you could do that!

Never forget to take care of yourself....
  • they have them to fit around your waist, shoulders, belly,all diff sizes. pretty colors too i microwave mine for 2 min and they last for 2 hours somtimes more. i put the smaller ones in the freezer for the back of my neck or eyes when i have a headach. patsy
  • I had my ESI on Friday, and wanted to mostly relax through the weekend, so I didn't do any shopping yet. But I will let you all know what I find and how I like it.

Although right now, I'm not feeling like I need the heat all day. I am testing a TENS unit, and with the oxycodone-APAP I'm taking, along with the ESI, I'm feeling mighty fine right now. I only hope this lasts.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.