Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sometimes we read what we dont want to

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,714
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
There are so many different conditions that cause back problems. Its one of those areas where you just cant say this one thing caused the problem.

Many times we come to this site to get more information about what is going on with us. Its one thing when we go to a doctor, but so many times, the doctor's words just fly over our heads or there is so much information, we tend to come away with only a little information.

So, we turn to this site to get more answers. I do believe if we polled everyone here, the majority would agree that they found information here that they couldn't find elsewhere.

So as members, we put out a question to other members. Sometimes we do so in hoping that the responses will come back supporting what we believe. But many times responses come back that we really dont want to read or dont want to admit.

This is all in human nature. I dont think there are many members out there with degrees on how to socially handle all situations. But, I know that we all can try to do our best in asking appropriate questions and then learn how to deal with the answers.

Nothing is perfect. So from time to time we might get a response that we didnt expect, we dont want to hear, or afraid to accept.

Those folks that come here to give and receive information all those types of responses are fine. For those members that come here to receive acceptance in what they are doing, those comments may not be accepted.

We have a vast majority of members here. From all different parts of the world, different heritages, different backgrounds, etc, so we almost need to assume that every post is not going to be seen the same by all.

As Administrator for Spine-Health all I can hope for is
honest and candid posts and then followed by honest and candid responses. When that doesnt happen and if one member upsets another, please try to handle it offline using the message facility.

There are different types of Spine-Health members:

1) Come here when they have problems and are very active, but then once their problems are resolved they tend to withdraw from the site.

2) Others that come for the same reason, their conditions improve but stay on to help other members

3) Come here just to learn about Spinal Problems and to offer assistance.

Many of the 'oldtimers' (not in age, but in time here) have seen many different members come and go. And they have also see just about every type of post that can be made.

At times our 'seasoned' veterans will show a great deal of compassion regarding a given situation, and at other times, that same veteran can give a 'tough-love' approach so as to not pamper someone.

What I ask is that everyone's posts be treated fairly. That should not matter if a person is making their first post or making their 3,000 post. We are all equal in so many ways here.

Return to FAQ
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• Ron, thank you so much for saying something that was badly in need of being said. I think the majority of us try to be neutral with all posts and members, but sometimes our judgement can be clouded by any number of things. We react based on that, but it doesn't make it right. I'm guilty of it and I'm sure most of the rest of the members are as well. The important thing tho is to keep putting one foot in front of the other and move on-this applies to all aspects of life and certainly include on a message board. I am going to try even harder to keep moving forward here on SH, as well as in my "real life" world.

Thank you for putting things into perspective. Funny, usually I'm the one that's never at a loss for words-but you've said it much better than I would/could have.

Thanks again!