Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Effect of the Conservative Treatment

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Good News
How many people do you know, or maybe you experienced it yourself, who got cured / " can live their life without pain " only using Conservative Treatment.

advertisement

Comments

• emilixs,

I know many many people who have suffered back pain from multiple causes and badly herniated discs, who have recovered completely through the use of conservative treatments.

"C"
  • My dad is one who is living his life just fine right now with a bulging disk, thanks to simple chiropractic care. His first chiro wanted to put him on disability, Dad didn't want that. I introduced him to our chiro now, and he got Dad in good working shape lol.

Unfortunately I wasn't so lucky (2 fusions). I did go through about 9 years of chiropractic care though, before mine finally decided to completely pack up and go on vacation lol. Oh how I wish I could still manage with just goin to the chiro lol.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,720
    Hi emilixs.

I dont know if there are any formal statistics to prove one way or the other, but I do know that many people with spinal issues that do not have surgery and through conservative treatments are able to live a normal life.

So much depends on what the actual spinal situation is. Herniated discs can in time through treatments almost mend themselves. Now badly herniated discs and nerve root impingement is much harder to resolve and may only be corrected through surgery.

I am going through the past 8 years doing what ever I can not to have another spinal surgery. I have my ups and downs, but I am determined to win this battle.

But always remember, all the conservative treatments in the world can only go so far. Constant hard work is required by the patient to really make this happen. Those that rely only on a doctor, a therapist or a medication to keep them going are only going to lose in the end.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com