Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello Everyone!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi!
Guess I should have posted here first, but I'll do that now...lol
Im a 38yo female from northern Indiana who has suffered the last 17+ months from LBP and right leg pain. Many conservative treatments failing, Im now scheduled for ALIF on 9-23-08. I am mom to a 16yo son and a 18yo daughter. Married to a husband who really doesnt understand nor sympathize with what Im going thru, nor does his parents. That in itself hasnt been fun, :(.
Im glad I found this site. I have read alot of good things so far. My only question is, how do you all get the what each has been thru at the end of your posts? Thanks in advance!
advertisement

Comments

• If you go to top of this page, my account and click on edit you can add your signature line is what I think they call it and it will place the info at the bottom of your posts. I am so sorry for what you are going through and that your family is not understanding. There are many chronic pain patients that do not get support from their families and friends. We must remember that it is very difficult to understand something that we have never experienced. I was fortunate (if you want to call it that )enough that my husband had a very painful experience with a kidney stone a few years back. One day I told him, "remember that kidney stone? just imagine if the only thing that could be done with it was to give you meds that barely took the edge off the pain and then said well have a nice life." I swear that his whole attitude changed after that. Not that he was not trying to be understanding about it to begin with but I think that putting it in terms that he could really relate to made a huge difference. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it can be heartbreaking not to have support of the people you love the most. :''( i hope the forum will give you some comfort you need. this is like my second home and you will find many people in your same situation. good luck with your upcoming procedure. Jenny :)
  • shadowchaser- Welcome to the site and hope you find information and support for your upcoming surgery. Hope it is a success!... :) jade