Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chinese Herbal Medicine

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Fibromyalgia
Has anyone had any good results with chinese herbal medicine to help with FM pain and sleep issues? What "remedy" were you taking and did you have to stop all meds? How long till results were noticed?

I'm having worsening issues with meds. and would like to try something else. Side effects like daytime grogginess and "feeling" of inflammation are very frustrating!

I've tried many alternative therapys with little if any pain relief.
advertisement

Comments

• Please don't take any of the Chinese Herbal Meds unless they have been prescribed to you by a qualified physician!!! AND that physician tells you where it is safe to purchase the meds from. (it should require a prescription from your physician) There are so many and they are so diversified that you could easily take the wrong one. There are many differences in who makes them as to the purity or effectiveness.

Many standard medications carry warnings to not take if you are using these herbal medications.

I have used two prescribed Chinese Herbal Medications. One worked and one did not. I had to stop taking the one that worked, when I started taking Baclofen and Zanaflex.

"C"
  • LOL. Well it's not proven i guess. The best medication we could get is those credible ones and those that are prescribed by a normal doctor.
    bariatric medicine
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,720
    needs to be carefully reviewed. Most of them have no FDA regulation or approvals so dosages and interactions with other medications may not always been know.
    That is why it is so important to discuss any medication you are planning to take with your doctor and/or pharmacist.
    Never give up on alternative treatments. The list is so long that there is something there for just about anyone
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Like Ron says, check both with your doc AND your pharmacist. A pharmacist is more likely to be up to date on medications and the like. I found this out after one of my doctors gave me 2 prescriptions. One (he told me) was for pain, and the other was an anti-inflammatory. I started having nosebleeds, and when I spoke with my pharmacist I found the doc had given me two anti-inflammatories with different names.

Good luck, and I hope you find something that helps soon!
advertisement