Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

tingling, numbness

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
Ok, I have had a TLIF 17months ago and I am no better. I am having my hardware removed this coming Thursday. My doc thinks I have pseudoarthrodosis- instability of my spine due to my fusion not fusing. My PM doc also thinks as well as do I,I have adjacent segment disorder, it feels like the discs above and below my fusion are moving and both areas are painful. Here is my dilema; I called my NS two weeks ago, I advised the nurse that I am having increased hip pain and am losing control of my bladder. She stated, that it sounded like just incontinence and not nerve impingement. Now, I am a nurse, and I know I am not crazy. And today, I am in alot of pain in both hips and lower back. I was sitting on my couch when I told my husband that Ihad numbness and tingling in my foot, almost like a electrical current. At first it felt like a cell phone under the cushion, my foot vibrating. I am having a hard time getting up from a seated postion, I feel extremly arthritic.

So, since I have never had these symptoms before and some of you have it all the time; doesn't it sound like impingement? Please feel free to inform me if you think otherwise! LOL I guess I need reassurance that I am not crazy! LOL You know like most docs make you feel!

I mean even if it is impingement, my doc probably won't do anything until my surgery day anyway. But knowing helps! Thank you all for giving me the support I need to get through another day. Just knowing that I can talk to you all that have "been there", helps so much. I am sure you all can relate, to the fact that not everyone understands who hasn't been there!

God Bless and I pray that you all will be pain free one day, ok, at least pain lessened, cause most of us know, we may never be pain free!-Tammy
advertisement

Comments

• I am so sorry you are still having a abd time. :O I am really shocked to hear how an untrained reception person dare suggest your problems over the phone! X(
    How the bloomin 'ec would she know, without testing some reflexes and what ever else they do.

You don't say when your removal hardwear surgery is scheduled?

Has it happened again? Try and get a message to your surgeon and at least let them decide. Any pain described like tingling, electric, sharp, vibrating, buzzing is likely (but not solely) to be with nerve involvement. (I am not a doctor, just a long suffering patient).

I am sure you are ot going mad, hang in there and listen to your body. Good luck.
  • Oops sorry, my surgery is scheduled for this coming Thursday the 25th.

I went for my pre-surgery testing yesterday and while I was there I happened to see my diagnosis was lumbar ridiculopathy. I think he realized when at my appt. on Monday, reminded him of the incontinence and the hip pain going down my leg, he diagnosed me with the ridiculopathy for the first time. He hadn't said anything along those lines previously. SO, I am glad he is addressing it. But now I have this tingling and numbness in my foot. I don't think it will be any urgency in my surgery but I will call the dr. on Monday.

Thanks for reasuuring me that I am not crazy! I appreciate it and your interest in seeing how I am feeling. Thanks!!
  • Sorry to hear you are not finding success after 17+ months. The numbness and tingling is most likely related and will hopefully be resolved this time around.

I am relieved that you will be caling the doc on Monday.... I hope he puts your mind at rest,

Best of wishes,
  • I just wanted to let you know that you're definitely NOT crazy! I have had that tingly/numb feeling in my foot all the way up thru the hip and know what you're going thru. They tell me that's considered numbness even tho when I physically touch it, I can feel the touch, so it's not "really" numb (I think numb like after a dental procedure with lidocaine), but it feels like it "should" be numb-if that makes sense.

Do you ever find yourself tapping your foot on the floor to try to "wake it up"? I catch myself doing that all the time, especially if I'm standing somewhere, like in the line at the grocery store. It's so annoying, and even after almost 14 months I haven't 'gotten used' to it! :S

I hope that you'll keep in touch after your surgery and keep us updated! :)

Take care, and stop worrying about being 8} !!!
  • Good luck with your surgery and let us know how it goes.
  • good luck with your surgery x AJ x
  • I KNOW IM LATE IN WRITING THIS. I HOPE SURGERY WENT WELL FOR YOU. WERE THEY GOING TO RE FUSE YOU LIKE THEY DID ME??? JUST CURIOUS..
    HOPE YOUR DOING WELL AND ARE EITHER HOME OR ON YOUR WAY HOME.

LET US KNOW AS SOON AS YOU CAN HUN.

TAKE CARE
    LOTS OF HUGS
    TERRI >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
advertisement