Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

IM HOME AFTER 2nd NIGHT OF PLIF revision.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
oh my jellybeans.
i rememebee everything.
nurses were awesome
i walked alot.
my incison this time is 8 inches long and the bandage has o stay on till its healed UGGGHHH.

so wish all going in for recovery for a revision is not like this. i am very few far and between. this does not happen to all e

i do not want to put anyone down. but u have to remember i have had tons fo surgery.

this revision cut the cake.

trying to sleep one couch. but ts to samll. so huuby mmay set me up in my b edroom i do nave the commode
i am still not with it as u can tell by my writing.
im falling asleep while ppl are taking and i feel ike im in outstpace somewhere.
they sent me home with five mg percs afer asking for seven .five but hey. better then nothing.
i should of stayed but wanted to be home all weekend

i will update more. the dr said the surgery went weill.
ok going to lay flat. IM TOTALLY WORN OUT. i cannot even think who i am or where i am.\\ and i am used to medications.

love u all
sorry my words are all jumbled. still have cramping and numbness.
imagine i will have better things to type as some days go by.. i need to get my act togther. hope u all understand reading this. its so strange to me.

for the first time i remember reckvery etc. WHEW good think they said.
WHAT NEXT HUH????? hmm don't know..

HUGS TERRI >:D< > will try to write again in a day or two when im more with it. because just reading this myself i do not make since..
advertisement

Comments

• Hi TerriJV, :) That's great you made it through and home safe and sound. I wish you a short and healthy healing time.
    Charry =D>
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Good to see you again and I am absolutely thrilled you are home already.

Please take it easy, sleep, get papmpered...... we're not going anywhere.

Look forward to seeing you about in the forums

All the Best,
    Sean

• Glad to see you are home!! Make sure you get enough rest, I understand the need to get home, but don't overdo it. Take all the time you need to recover.
  • Terri, I can't believe you are home already! You are such a trooper! You had a bigger surgery and a shorter stay =D>
    Now you just rest and let that great hubby of yours take care of you. Don't worry about TUI (typing under the influence), we understand. Just so glad to hear that everything went okay and you are home. I have been thinking about you. Take your time, we'll still be here when you are ready to get back on. >:D< >:D< >:D< Sue
  • Hiya Terri >:D<
    Glad your home. Take one day at a time. Dont over do it.All the best . I)

Angie x
  • I am so glad your home safe and sound. Now all you need to do is rest rest rest.

Your an amazing woman with everything you have been through!

I like what Cali-Sue said about TUI...never heard that one but it is a good one..

We all love you Terri and over the next few days to a week we know you will be feeling better and be able to talk more....until then rest my friend!

Christine
  • ok now that i am a bit more with it 8}
    thanks for the responses. i did sleep all night till 4:30am had to call hubby on his phone for a hour upstairs before he answered as i dropped my ice packs etc and the grabber was in the truck still.

this is a tuffy. probably the same as before but you just do not remember that first intial week home :? the pain is alot i will not lie on that one, not for anyone :P

appitite is so so. going to try to shower. then sleep again.
    i of course will not be able to keep up on the postings i started as i pretty much cannot not focus yet.

it was cool to remember recovery this time. i never met with the dr as i got down there and he was a hour behind.
    so the head started pounding and i was nausea's so they rused me to the pre op holding room and gave me meds.

i awoke to nurses being great!! no crying from me WOW!!!!
    then i was in and out of it while i was there.
    i was not allowed solid foods till fri afternoon for lunch only liquids.

anyways enough for now. going to try to get up and use the bathroom and take a LONGGGGGGG nap.

hope all are recovering well that are home having surgery.
    I LOVE YOU ALL will try to be on later.

Hugs
    Terri >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Terri I am so glad that all went well and you are on the mend. Sleep lots, walk los and dont laugh yet. :)
    >:D<
    Sara O:)
  • glad you made it home . you must be a very strong person, and always there for everyone else. take care, and get lots of rest. LEO
  • thanks to all. iv said it before and will always keep saying it THANK YOU!!!!!
    i am sleeping. im very SURPRISED WOW WOW WOW. last year i was up every 3 hrs or less having to take meds again and watching tv half the night.
    i came home friday and i slept all night and i slept all night last night to. yes i awoke at 5am as my son had to get out to a nascar race and was late. GHHESSSHH. leave the alarm to the "women" =))

i know my time will come when im up. having a hard time sleeping during the day. i only sleep about a hour or less. and i hate that because you take your meds, get comfy then you wake up sore from not moving UGGHHH.
    but it will get better in time.
    today will be my first walk. so i will let you know how it goes.
    also changing the bandage today. the tape feels to tight that the nurses did friday. so that may help to.
    to have that pain pump again at home :D :D i was so comfy with it, till the NP said everything is coming out girl use it up while you can =)) i said im paying for it im using every last drop =))

everyone keep up on their recovery. don't fret if you do not get your walk in for the day if the pain is to much, there is always tomorrow.
    never push yourself as you will end up paying for it.

you guys are the best and i am so very proud to say to ppl i have such wonderful online friends.
    if you do not see me post don't worry it means im either in lalalala land or just wanting to read and not type..

lots of love
    terri
  • Welcome home and it's fantastic to hear you are getting a chance to rest this time. I remember last time and I wanted to knock some heads for you. =))

No ice skating, no stair stepper, no laundry, no ... okay you know what I mean. Easy does it this time!!!

"C"
  • Terri -

Here's to a fall-free recovery!!! Take extra care of yourself.

Terri
  • It's great to hear that you are home and doing so well.
    Contrats just for getting there, doing it and making it back home!!

Just that you are feeling well enough alreday to post here is a good sign.

We are here to entertain when you get bored and pat on the back for the bad days too.

I will try not to make you laugh for awhile though.

=)) =)) =))
  • Welcome home Terri!!

I'm glad it sounds like you are doing well, sucks that you even had to have a revision surgery, but kudos to you for coming through like a trooper!

Hugs!

p.s. I really got a kick out of your TUI (typing under the influence) post =))
  • Welcome Home Teri girl!! I'm sooo glad to see you on here and sooo soon too! That just shows me how strong you are and how I can do this myself on Thursday!
    Remember to take it slow and one day at a time! Do what your body tells you!
    Hope to keep reading up on you!

Hugs >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

Kim
  • Sorry it was so brutal this time for you. one day at a time, right? you're doing great. glad you've given us updates already. take care and rest rest rest!
  • Hi T,
    Glad to see you on here alive and well today. One day at a time works for us right? I went for a short walk today and yesterday. My dear older son came with me. He has been a Godsend since my husband came down with a terrible cold the day after my surgery. I'm very excited that I am getting some feeling back in my fingertips (left hand anyway). Still have a lot of pain in my right arm that will drive me off this computer in a few minutes. I got a good nights sleep last night (well a good night for me) after hardly sleeping since surgery. My husband found me a great ice pack at the drug store that gets cold in about 30 minutes but seems to stay cold that long also. Very soft outer cover works well for me. At the hospital I asked for ice packs all day long because the back of my neck and shoulders were so sore. Keep on recovering and I'll look forward to continued good news.
    LJ
  • well just a update as of tues 9/23.
    had a horrible night. my left leg goes numb with very sharp pain in 2 of my toes.
    i tried walking just next door. well that did not work so well. the pain in my legs is worse. it took 15 minutes just to do that. i would take a step , stop, cry, take a step, stop, cry prayed to god just to get me back to the house.
    my legs did not want to move or work for that fact.
    i have no clue what is going on. its very scary. as i had mentioned the ankle pain started when i fell down the stair in 06 it has progressed since then to both legs.
    it felt like a knife in my leg while trying to step down on them.
    i have a feeling something else is wrong but of course will not know for awhile. my dr is on vacation for 2 weeks.

i am able to sleep on my side. i also started sleeping upstairs last night. not much sleep but hey it was something.
    the bone graft is horrid. worse then last year. and they used a different side.
    of course i did awesome in the hospital walking as i had the pain pump.

i just do not know....

will keep you updated as the days go by.

love to all.
    you all keep up your recovery...
    >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • aww >:D< just take it steady do not push yourself at this stage. looking at your signature you have been through quite a lot, you will get through this in time. :)

Angie x
  • Hang in there and remember all the times you have posted to other members telling them that they are too soon out of surgery to tell anything. Post op swelling and irritated nerves and soft tissue take time to calm down.

You know the bad stuff to watch out for, so focus on that and just relax girl and don't overdo it!

"C"
  • Hi all,
    Update as of Friday 9/26.
    Had a bad night as rain was coming through. The hips oh me oh my :jawdrop: So I slept in till 10am. Hubby is so great about that. 8>
    The pain has been pretty high all week long. I finally started getting comfy last night (w/ high doses of meds)plus my shows ER and Grays was on so that helped <:P Thought for sure I was going to sleep all night but like I said only slept 2 hrs. Then back to sleep at 4am-10am. I awoke with a slight headache of course from sleeping so long I was sore but not as bad as it as been. Yes I will keep my mouth zipped as this is probably just one of my semi good days. Its raining all DAY LONG and tomorrow. So I will just walk in place in front of my dresser hanging on. It does WORK...
    So I can say I feel a quarter of a inch better. Hey I will take it. My toes are still numb (partial) so I will give that some time...
    NOt perfect by no means but this is a better day.
    Just wanted to share. AS I have been having horrible pain levels and its now subsided for the day.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Hang in there. Take HOUR BY HOUR. Yes "C" my doll I will take my own advice =)) Sometimes you forget when your in pain yourself . So take foot insert in mouth and be quiet to me =))

Lots of love and hugs
    Terri >:D< :* >:D<
  • Glad to hear you are doing a little better! Take it easy and hang in there!
  • Hi Terri

It's always horrible being in pain - but add rain and it feels worse, I'm sure! UK's got a bit of sun this weekend, so thats good.

I had my pre op today and the anaethetist descibed all the symptoms post op that you seem to be having - not the knife like feeling though - so I guess it happens to all. Not that that makes it any better to live with!

Glad you're feeling better today and that it continues.

Smiles x :D
  • I haven't been on here long, but I just wanted to wish you a more pain free day today.
  • Hi Terri,
    I am so glad to hear about your progress. I am 11 days post op of plif, one level fusion with hardware, so nothing like what you've just had. I can relate to your life right now, as the saying goes "been there done that". My post op numbness seems to be getting better, so that's a big WOO HOO. Take care, and as always good luck with your recovery. >:D<
  • whew i did speak to soon. the pain came back this afternoon but im also having potty issues. so that also puts added pressure on your back as you all know that have had it..
    waiting for my laxative to kick in.. OH PLEASE HURRY..

just chillen now. boy did i notice just missing a half hour not taking my meds cause i fell asleep. oh my.. now they have kicked in and im a bit comfy. not perfect but ok..

everyone keep going.. hour by hour , day by day..
    >:D< :* >:D< :* >:D< :*

p.s. just re read my first post. OH MY =)) =)) =)) =)) i am not going to edit that one as it gives me a laugh boy was i screwed up 8} 8} 8} 8}
advertisement