Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi , Im new here and freaking out

mspam1165mmspam1165 Posts: 4
I have suffered from back pain since a work injury since 2000 ... I have tried everything in the past ,,,I even had the IDET which I dont think they do that anymore ,,

Now Im scared I went to the ER tonight because my left upper leg went numb ok I can deal with that , but then the burning pain came ..I went to the Er all they did was give me steriods . This pain is unreal and scary ,,,Has anyone had this before ..

Im freaking out ..I took 1 norco and 3 Motrin and 2 flexerils and still have pain in my leg , the burning pain /.///
:''( :S :S :S :S

I need some input please

you can also e-mail me

mspam1165xx@yahoo.com

Thank You
Pam
advertisement

Comments

• Hiya pam,
    welcome to Spine Health >:D< .Did the ER say what the pain could be? Have you ever had any other treatments on your back ? I think you should go and see your family doctor, and see what he advices you.You will find this site very helpful, and the people are very nice and friendly. Keep us posted. :D

Angie x
  • :''( I had MRI's / dICOGRAMS in the past torn disc L4L5
    I had the ESI'S and so on .The Er Dr said same old stuff Siatica , did i spell that right ?

Man this leg numbness is freaking ,me out and the burning pain also ....I havent even been to bed , as soon as I get to sleep the buring starts and wakes me up ...So Im up took 2 more pain meds at 330 am .... :''(

Thanks Pam
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. have you tried any nerve pain medications? it might make a difference in your leg pain. what about a time released pain medication? talk to your doctor and see what he says. good luck and i hope you find pain relief soon. good luck and i hope ou find pain relief soon. Jenny :)
  • Welcome to Spine Health. Sorry to hear that you are suffering as much as you are tonight. I hope that the steroids bring down the inflammation and provide you with some relief.

"C"
  • Hi, I'd also like to welcome you to SH! :)

I'm sorry to hear you're hurting so much-boy how I can relate to that nerve pain! ~X( It's frustrating, huh?

Jenny brought up an excellent point-maybe you could benefit from a nerve pain medication (Lyrica, Neurontin, etc)...do you have any Dr. appts coming up? If not, I think you should make one and ask about this type of medication. It's a Godsend for me and countless others here! Do you still see the Doctor(s) that treated you for your previous back problems, or do you just have a Primary Care Physician (PCP)? Whichever is the case, you need to get in to be seen soon so that you can get this pain under control. Hopefully the steroids will kick in and help calm down the inflammation that is likely putting pressure on the nerves & getting them all worked up. You may not notice anything for a few days until they get a chance to work but hopefully you will get some relief very soon!

I hope you can see your Doctor about this soon, and I hope you'll keep us posted as to how you're doing! :) Meanwhile, just try as much as you can to relax and maybe even try alternating ice on the area of the back where the pain originates from (20 mins on/20 mins off) with heat-and try to stay off your feet if you can, at least until the steroids have a chance to work, OK?

Take care of yourself....
  • I will say , out of all the pain I have had threw the years , the burning pain in my leg was light someone took a lighter and flicked it and kept it lite and put it on spots of my leg , worset pain ever

Pam
  • I am dealing with this nonsense right now. The pain is awful..in rear..down my leg..with tingling feet and calf. All the time. I started 50mg tid of lyrica two weeks ago..helped for a week..upped me to 75mg..helped for a week. I called him today and he says give it some time! AHHHH! I am going to start getting addicted to pain killers if this does not stop soon!

Good luck..but know you are not alone. Also if you have an L5/S1 issue in your back you are not at risk for paralize (I know I spelled that wrong) although it is still scary when you start to tingle!

Angela
  • Hiya Pam,
    When you do go back to your doctor ask him/her if it is worth trying out a tens machine, they can be very helpful with nerve pain.

Angie x
advertisement