Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

No work

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Well I cant go back till November to work, so I will be losing my job because they will be putting me on long term disability. My doctor said he keeps people out at least 3 months after surgery. specially if they work in a factory. So I guess during the end of Oct I will be job hunting. It is so stupid my job says I will be too disable to work for them, but in the real world I will be fine. They are hiring for all positions at this company so it kind of makes me laugh. They also said they would help me sign up for ssi. What a joke, I will be able to work in NOV. They my job said I should come back with restrictions in 2 weeks, but my doctor said if they cant guarantee me that I will not be lifting anything heavier then a pencil no. He doesn't want me to screw up my neck. My neck is going great and I am healing right on schedule. I actually looked better then the other patient in the waiting room who have had the same surgery as mine and had it done about the same time. I guess it is because I am doing absolutely nothing, that is why he doesn't want me to screw it up going back to what I was doing. I am still on the muscle relaxants he says I should not try to rush myself being only 4 weeks after the surgery. I guess I am freaking because I have been at this company for 11 yrs, but I know there is life outside of there. Money will be really tight for a while, good thing we have no kids at home. I have to find out how I can get my 401k money out of there. It will be enough to pay bills till I get a job. OK, I am done whining not really, I guess it is better to know this is happening instead of getting laid off. Oh and when I told the doctor about the singing and muscle soreness when driving he said in time all will be better I just have to be patient. I have titanium in my neck so I should not buzz at the airport. The doctor said if I do show them my scar and have them wand it. Hey guess what I can actually tell people my head is screwed on so I can't lose it. Thank you all for the support. Jenny >:D<
advertisement

Comments

• Wow, I am sorry to hear that about a company that you served for 11 years. It just does not seem fair. I wnet through something similar when I was on comp, but I know your neck stuff is from an accident.
    Maybe it is a good thing and something much better is right around the corner for you.

Hang in there sweetie and just worry about the healing right now!!

Talk to you soon. I will be gone from 10 am my time until about 11:30 then I will be homw all day!
    Christine
  • On a funny note....I SO wanted to set off the thing at the airport but I too have titanium lol. I'm one of the strange ones who likes to show off my scar...kinda like my badge of honor for making it through 2 back surgeries lol. I also had asked to keep the screws from my first fusion when they took them out for my 2nd one, but they didn't keep them for me. I too wanted to show everyone I didn't have any screws loose LOL!!!!

Keep up the good work, and keep it going slow. I too lost an excellent paying job when my back went on me, because I didn't return on their time schedule. But when one door closes, another opens. Keep your chin up, keep a positive attitude, and the right job for you will come along :).

P.S. I'm a Jenn too :)
  • It make me want to cry when I think of all the support I am getting from all of you. :X
  • Hi Jen,

Are you going on Long Term Disability through your health insurance provided by the company you work for? Do you live in the US?

I had to go through them to save my job and health insurance the first time I went out on disability. I am currently on a pre-arranged short term disability this time.

Let me know if I can answer any questions if this is your situation. PM me if you like.
    O-
  • I am so sorry to hear your Company is letting you go like that, especially considering you can go back in November! That just does not seem fair at all!

My Long Term Disability will kick in for me November 30th.My Short Term ran out Sept 3rd. Between those two dates I have no income at all. But with my Company they do not let an employee go unless they have been out a full 12 months with no working at all for them during that 12 months. I've been out 3 months and would think with even 4 level ACDF I'd be able to go back before next June 3rd.

Every Company is different. I just hope things work out for you as soon as possible. We are all here to give the support we can.

Ken GreyEagle
    Greyeagle
  • Was this an on the job injury? Or did you take time out using the federal family medical leave? Both of these types of leaves assures your job when you are ready to go back to work. I would contact your State Bureau of Labor and Industries. There are many protections for workers nowdays. Both on and off the job injurys.

On the other hand, it's great you are healing up so nicely! Keep up the good work.........oopps........keep up the NO work! >:D< =D> I know it seems hard not to have a job to go back to, but your healing and long term health are more important.

Maggie
  • Sorry to hear your employers are so unsympathetic. It seems so unfair especially since you have worked there so long. Good luck with the job search.

God bless and take care.

Christi
  • I stopped at the unemployment office today and they laughed about what my job is doing to me. They told me as soon as my short term runs out sign up for unemployment. Get my doctor to sign a letter saying I am fine and what restrictions if any I will have and I should not have a problem at all. It still bites but since I will not be disabled and they tell me I will no longer have a job what else is a gal to do. I am sure they will fit it but like I say I have nothing but time.
advertisement