Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Came home Friday after ACDF 3 level

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
OK, can't sit here long and I all of a sudden I can't find anything I want. How do I get to a specific topic? I wanted to post in the after surgery thread.

Anyway I had my surgery on Wednesday ACDF level 3>6 and it took longer then expected because my surgeon said he got a surpise when he opened my neck up (lots more arthritic stuff then he saw on the MRI). Any was the hospital was not fun although some folks were wonderful and some less so. The bed was a device of torture and the meds get me intense stomach pain. I'm really happy to be home and the recliner we bought with the remote control is wonderful although sleeping on my back does not work well because I have too much post surgery flem (gross) and I keep waking up choking. I am happy to see that Terri is home as well and I hope you see this post Terri. Hi Elinor (sorry I missed your call last week but it was really nice you called to wish me luck) I have lots of questions and not a lot of answers but right now too much neck and shoulder pain to stay here more then a few minutes. The NS said he "tied me up" so I could not move on the table and that is why so much stiffness and pain in my shoulders and back of my neck. Place looks like a flowershop with family and friends sending all kinds of pretty stuff, now I just have to concentrate on getting well. I'll check in soon and do a better job of relaying info. I just wanted you all to know its over and I am home.
LJ
advertisement

Comments

• Hey LJ,

I bet the recovery thread is a few pages back. i will search for it and make a post so it is up from for folks to see.

I am glad that you sound chipper and I totally understand all the stuff they did to you to keep you still on the or table.

I had some apparatus that screwed into my head that left scabs and bumps and then all the wires they put on you to watch your nerves and sensoryy motor function...and yess they did tie my shoulders too. I think they tie them and actually pull your arms downward toward your feet. All this helps the surgeon gain better access to your discs.

Hang in there and glad your hom and on the way to recovery!!
    Chrissy