Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi, Just found you all

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, Just found you all

Back in the serious pain field AGAIN- 2 disc surg. Cervical 5-6, 6-7, now 4-5 is ruptured. Constant, dealable pain with steroid shots for 2 1/2 years. Very high pain tolerance, on low dose of fentanyl 25 mcg, because narcatics scare me as I am a recovering alcoholic. (2 1/2 years sober) I know I have to get on a higher dose as even I can't stand the degree of pain I feel on a every day basis much longer. I do not want another operation, i feel as if my mobility is really going down the tubes. I was thinking of maybe acupuncture, or if someone had another idea? I only know that I am going to be ram rod straight with another operation, even my c-7 disc is bulging now, ang I'm told c-7 t-1 never goes out---yeah, right... I would greatly appreaciate any feedback, Gayle
advertisement

Comments

• on being sober for 2 1/2 years! Quite an accomplishment. I think that you may be OK Since you are very aware that narcs pose a possible addiction temptation for you as long as you seek help right away if you start abusing the meds. Unfortunately for many of us the narcs are the only option. If you take only enough to control the pain and do not abuse to get high I think that you will make out OK. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you s support and answer what questions we can.i applaud you on your 2 years. =D> you are currently using a narcotic and using it appropriately. i would not worry so much about increasing your meds. if you follow the instructions i would not forsee a problem. recovery is a bumpy road and being aware of what you are doing is so key. i could never understand recovering alcoholics who would rather suffer than TRY and use pain medications appropriately. anyway, please do not make yourself suffer. whether it is meds or acupuncture (yes, try it), or eventually surgery you sound like you are doing all the right things to focus on a pain program. good luck and one day at a time! Jenny :)
  • hi and welcome galye2 i know what u mean when u don't want another surgery. i hope things work out for u. are u using a NS ? my neck mobilbility sucks with the hardware and surgery i had but i have and still am learning to deal with it. wish you luck and i will say a prayer for u.
    GOD BLESS ALL,
    KC