Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Go to sleep...

traterttrater Posts: 288
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Sleep Problems
Close your eyes, go to sleep,
go to sleep little baby,
close your eyes, go to sleep,
and you'll wake up in the morn.

Just a little lullaby for all you insomniacs!
I hope that you will catch you a few zzzz's tonight!
Goodnight all my friends! ">image
advertisement

Comments

• :) that's for the tune! if that doesn't do it i don't know what will. =)) hoping tonight will be the night! I) Jenny :)
  • I'm up at 4:30 and don't see you here so I'm hoping you are catching some good zzzzzzz's...
  • Hi Terrie,

Thanks for the new lyrics to that lullaby. I love that song, I just wished it gave me the inclination for sleep lol. Im in UK so should be up at this time, apart from I saw 2am, 3am, 4.15, 5,15, 7, 8am ....I don't know why the nightmares have started but they are getting tedious now.

I hope you manage to get some sleep Terrie.

Love Danni
  • :) trater, my clock says 4:22 and i am too awake believe me. what are you doing with your time buster? Jenny :)
  • I think we're in different time zones!!">image I finally went to sleep around 5, my husband came in from work at 6 and woke me up, and then I had to get up at 8 to get ready to go to the doctor! BOOHOO! I'm sooo tired. I want to have a nap, but I'm always afraid to have a nap because I'm afraid it will keep me up at night. Isn't that that silliest thing ever?!
    My time killer was the computer... I looked on this forum and a couple of others, checking out how others were passing their time at 4:30 in the morning.
    Pleasant dreams spiney friend!
  • I see you are still awake, or at least your computer is! lol I see on your signature that you are awaiting surgery... I sure hope that you are able to get that done before Christmas so that you can get some relief. That seems like such a long time to wait. I'm so sorry for that. Hang in there!
    I hope you are able to get some rest AND some ">imagesleep!
  • Couldn't grumble, had 3 hrs of blissful sleep. I woke up as had start of headache, took some meds to prevent it worsening, all without the lights off (If I put the lights on to see what Im doing, my brain thinks its time to wake up so I try to fool it into thinking its night, as it is lol). Went back to bed, tossed, turned, tossed turned, got fed up so made a cuppa, did some wordsearches to tire my brain. nope not working so saw 5.30am and been up making cards ever since.Its now midday and I have plenty to do before I go collect my neice, as she is coming with me to the airport to collect my mum.

I get stressed collecting my mum, she thinks meds should help everyone with a bad back and she thinks only old people should use a walking stick/cane. She tried to stop me using mine last time she was home, I lost my balance and fell over, she walked off as I embarressed her by falling over....sometimes I feel I cant win. Im fed up of battling people about having a bad back at 32, it can happen at any age as our younger sufferers will testify.

Well thats turned into a long post, you never know it might send someone to sleep lol :D
  • So sorry you didn't get any sleep... My goodness, that makes for a long day! I hate that you're mom gives you a hard time about using the cane... My mom was always so supportive of anything I needed to try to make life a bit easier. Try to grin and bear it with your mom... you only get one mom and they're pretty awesome to have (not trying to sound like I'm lecturing). Lay down and get you some rest when possible and I hope you get some good sleep tonight.
    Something you might try when you go to bed at night is putting in earplugs and then concentrate on your breathing, the sound of your breathes, how deep you're breathing... Sometimes this helps me be able to go to sleep... SOMETIMES!
  • :) trater, deep breathing can also work for a really bad pain episode. have a good nite tonight! I) Jenny :)
advertisement