Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Found new method to forget about my chronic neck pain!!!

24-7 stiff neck224-7 stiff neck Posts: 196
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Matters of the Heart
I took a short 5 minute ride into the National Forest Saturday afternoon with my wife, with Porkchop (a 20 lb. mini pinsher), and with Cai (a 115 lb. german shepherd). During a 100 foot walk I discovered Porkchop was my key to temperary relief of my chronic neck pain. I was standing alone when Cai came running up behind me and with her 115 pounds ran past me bairly missing my right leg. Then Porkchop came running up behind me and used all of his 20 pounds running into my right leg. At that moment I discovered my neck did not hurt for the next 10 minutes! As I found myself sitting in the dirt road I quickly noticed my neck pain was completely missing while I was holding my right ankle with both hands. It then came to me like a bolt of lightning striking my right ankle - ouchhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! After sitting there for about 10 minutes I slowly got up and limped back to the truck with much pain in every other step. I have since gone to our storage and obtained a crutch which I am still using to keep weight off of my right ankle. It is still swollen and very sore as I write this. Is there a lesson to be learned here? YES! Do not ever attach Porkchop's 3 foot leash to Cai again even if Porkchop always has a history of running off! I really do not have a problem now if Porkchop wants to have dinner with the wolves.
GOD BLESS ALL,
KC
advertisement

Comments

• you poor darlin'....I hope you are okay now as well. Get that ankle checked out if the swelling doesn't go down. Please keep us posted....take care....Miki
  • When I was a kid and my mom would say she could make my head quit hurting. I would say please momma please. She would tell me to go in the garage and get a hammer. I'd ask her what the hammer was for. That's when she said that if I hit myself in the knee with the hammer, that my head wouldn't hurt anymore.

Sound logic if you ask me.

I hope your ankle is okay.

"C"
  • Sorry to hear about the ankle but how is "porkchop" doing. Sorry i found the post funny.
  • I am glad that I could bring a smile to all of your faces. I thank God that my injury was not serious and after reflecting back on what had happened, I thought it was funny that a 20 pound dog could take out a 200 man (with the help of a 115 lb. german shepherd). I am using ice and heat wraps (the heat feels better) and will use the crutch at least until tomorrow to keep my weight off of the ankle. If my ankle was not getting better, I would be going to the hospital ER for medical treatment. I shared this post to my wife and now she thinks I might be able to do "stand up comic", but I don't think so.
    GOD BLESS ALL,
    KC
  • Porkchop did not even let out a wimpper but just kept on running with the BIG DOG (he really didn't have a choice but to keep running). When I got back to the truck, My wife was laughing and I told her it wasn't funny. She told me she was laughing at Porkchop and I looked at him and he had dirt all over his back. She told me that Porkchop took a tumble by the truck and was being towed by the BIG DOG for a few yards. I had a laugh about that even with the pain I was in and not knowing if I had a serious injury or not. Let is be known that no K9's were injured during this trip to the national forest.
    GOD BLESS ALL,
    KC
advertisement