Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Now that Amanda and I told you how we

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,714
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
go about each morning when signing on to Spine-Health... How about you? What / How do you start your morning/afternoon/etc when you first log in to Spine-Health?

This may seem like a simple question, but I really want to know how people use this forum. I have one method, but that is speaking only for me... I want to know how others do it.
It will be helpful in figuring out our navigation schemes
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• I go straight for the neck forum. After that forum, I may go to the "view recent posts", I may start in the welcome forum and work my way down or I just may randomly go into any of them afterwards. I don't know if I gave you any useful information or not Ron but I do appreciate all the time that you and others put into here. I've gotten so much valuable info. :D
  • I start at the top, and make my way down. By the time I make it to the end, I go back up and there are usually more new posts.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,714
    Thank you very much. From my point of view, the degress of success or failure lies with the end user, the audience you want to reach. So, when I hear that a member has been pleased about what we do, there are really no better praises than that.
    Thank you
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • .....but I can't always post daily.

On the days that I log on but can't post I check my PM's (if any) and read all of the "View Topics I've posted",which for those reading this that may not know are threads that I have posted in..not threads I have started.

When I have more time,and am feeling better I log on and the first two things I do are as mentioned above..then I move on to 'View Recent Posts'.

Sometimes I stay on for hours,but I'm not always sitting here at the PC,because I get sore..or get a phone call,watch a television program,etc.,but I stay logged on.

Other times I check out the articles and read them,sometimes I read some of them more than once or twice.If I don't understand a word I look it up here http://www.onelook.com/ and that sometimes leads me to more research in other locations.By the time I get back here more than likely someone has posted something that catches my eye.It's like a little circle of life here.
  • =)) I like this thread lol!
  • I take the dog for a walk, get a cup of coffee and check my PM's first. Then I go to View Recent Posts, that way I can catch any newcomers or anyone having a bad time and just needing to chat. Every once in a while I'll check a specific thread via View my Points.

So basically I'm a PM and View Recent Posts kinda gal. :-)

"C"
  • I have not yet figured out a routine. I try to look at topics I posted 1st. Or just look at the new topics or sometimes new members. Sometimes I look at all the different areas. Other days, I'll pick a few areas that I am interested in. I get lazy and don't look at all the topics ever created on 1 topic so if it isn't on the 1st 2 pages, I most likely won't see it. Basically, I am still learning as I go..I love the smileys... :) jade
  • When I log on, I first check and answer any PM's since I love getting them :D We should have one of those sound affects like "you have pm" =))

Then I click on View my posts, to see if there are any recent replies

Then I click on View recent posts, skim through them to see if I can answer any...

Then often I click on "DARNIT, I hit the wrong button" and my whole post is erased! =))

Then, if I still have a few minutes, I check the "view topics I have posted" Which, I think that link is worded a bit confusing. It sounds like topics I created... I think the two titles should be switched ("view topics I have posted, and "view my posts") just a thought.

Then sometimes, if my brain is working right, I think "oh hey, I wonder what that really interesting thread is doing now" and I can look it up. Otherwise, If they aren't at the top of the recent posts, I don't remember those topics.
advertisement