Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain and weakness in hands

manaleriemmanalerie Posts: 547
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
Ok, so maybe I've been typing a little too much lately. Not sure.

But for the last few days, my hands have been aching, and feel a little week tonight. Its been increasing over time, and started with my left hand, now its both. I'm having a bit of a hard time typing. Even using a spray bottle for my laundry was a little tough.

It very well could be that I have just been doing a little too much typing lately, (because I have!) but I have never run into this before. And I used to type for a living.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experience this? I am going to bed for now... worn out from all this typing!!!! I'll check back in with y'all tomorrow...

Thanks in advance, and "good night" >:D<

Amanda
advertisement

Comments

• Amanda,

Are you still having the pins and needles thing going on in your toe? I'm wondering if the two might be related-they're both extremeties, and could certainly be affected by damage to different discs/nerves.

Just a thought...seems kinda strange that you're getting back to back "bizarre" symptoms. Wouldn't hurt to make the phone call to the Doc in the morning. Could be nothing, but could also be something so I would think a phone call wouldn't be too much to ask for-just explain what's going on and I'm sure they'll even tell you that you were right to call.

Keep us posted on if your symptoms spread further or get worse in intensity, as well as if you do call the Doc. I'm curious now...
  • And for responding so quick. I got to get over to that other post for an update...
  • Get this: I was on Ultram/tramadol. After I had stopped taking it - I developed really weird hand dysfunction. And not just a week after not taking it - like a month later. And my hands have never been the same. I still have severe hand pain every morning...when I wake up I feel like rigirmortis (sp) has set in. Seriously. All of my joints kill and I have to ease my hands open.
    Holding on to pans to scoop food out is now impossible for me.
    I went to a chiro and he said it was my neck now!! Wtf, from my lumbar to cervical?!!?! So my pcp sent me for an MRI and turns out my lower back has impacted my upper back dramatically and has actually caused my neck to reverse the curve. So rather than it curving inward, it curves outward.

When it gets cold I have severe numbness in my fingers and other parts of my hand, once I warm up, it takes about an hour or two for it to reach my hands...and I go through stages. First its numb, then it starts to hurt, then I get massive pins and needles, then I get throbbing, and then I get feeling back...all over the course of 2 hours. Isnt that crazy?!

I didnt put it together with the Ultram until I read your post...since I had stopped and then a month later, out of no where, developed hand problems.
    What do you think? Am I crazy? Is it time to check in to the looney bin? Be honest.

Alina
  • Think I'll meet you at the looney bin, think we can be roomies?!!

Doesn't hurt this morning though, a minor ache in my left wrist. Very minor. I am thinking its more to do with typing. In fact, I didn't even notice it this morning until I started typing this. I have been sending REALLY long messages and posts.

When it first started like I said, it was my left hand. Well my keyboard has a little soda spilled on the left side, so a few of the keys on the left side are sticking (no matter how many times I pull em out and clean em)

So when I first noticed this, I figured it was the extra pressure on the sticky keys. Gonna try to give the keyboard a break today, and maybe a warm soak. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks ladies...
    Amanda
  • so it does seem to be more associated with typing. I think I need to take a break from e-mails for a while.

But guess what I did today... I was in a hurry, trying to get to my PT, and tripped on a case of water in my hall. I flew forward, and caught myself on the door frame. I hit my hand on the frame, left hand, on the outer bone, between pinky and wrist.

There's a little lump there now, a small bruise, but it hurts like hell. Not constant pain, but kinda throbs into my palm and down my pinky. Don't I have the best luck? LOL!!!

I don't think anything is broken, but I do wonder if maybe there is a crack in the bone or something. Im sure there would be more pain or bruising though.

Ahhhh, another beautiful day in Paradise!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.