Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What test to have to firgue cause of pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
After having my 4th fusion, I am now fused from my L1 to S1, I'm having numbness from waist to mid thigh including my penis, which at 42 am not ready to stop having sex since I can't feel the sensation. I had a MRI with contrast and it showed everything in the spinal canal and cord ok from L1 to L4, but could not see anything at L5 to S1 because of heavy metal spatter on the MRI from all the surgeries. Also a mylogram was unsuccessful because my bone grafts have grow so well it is grown over the middle of my spine and they are unable to find a area to inject the dye since they can't push through the bone without risking damage to the spinal cord. Ant suggestions would be appreciated.
advertisement

Comments

• As if beng fused is not enough, but not knowing where the source of the pain is, is hard. Before I had a refusion done in Feb my PM Dr did a series of injection to find the source. You could have trigger point injection, facet injection and epidual blocks just to locate pain I did all mine with only numbing meds. that way I was sure of where my pain was. also since the mylegram was no help an EMG would help if indentify if a nerve root.

These are just things that help me finding the source of my pain.

Have you tried any kind of injection to locate pain.

Take care and hope you get some answers soon
  • Might want to try PET imaging, using H2O[15] or something that would pass into the nerves.