Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

just wondering

mrs pmmrs p Posts: 230
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi all,
i had my surgery coming 10 months ago(microdiscectomy of L5/S1)ever since my surgery i have had a heavy numbing pain in my good leg!!has anyone else had this and what is it.
the pain stays at the top of my thigh it feels like something heavy and dulling, it is a different pain than that of my pre surgery, it feels its to do with my hip.
any suggestions???????

LOVE PAULA
advertisement

Comments

• I have just had a microdiscectomy on 4th september 08 and at my appt with my Dr today I explained that the pain has gone from my left leg, but when I walk it goes dead and numb. He is referring me to Physio as thinks my muscles in that leg have relaxed as I wasnt as active just before my op as I used to be. Am hoping this will sort it out.
  • thank you sally,
    i suppose i really should go to the docs about it but i feel when i go that they are rolling their eyes saying here she comes again!!
    i know i shouldnt feel like this but i do after all thats what they are there for.from previous experience i feel like i have educated my GP on some spinal issues,really they dont know a lot about spineys!!!!!!
    THANKS PAULA
  • My right leg started to go numb last week after reherniating my disc... And my NS and the PA are going to send me to surgery on Friday if the strength and feeling in my foot is still not well by Thursday. I didn't realize it was that big of a deal, but they said they worry that it may not go away if left too long. They gave me steroids and it actually has helped a little bit over the weekend. When I finish them I'm supposed to take 800mg of Ibuprofen 3x a day. Thursday they will test my strength again and let me know if I'm having surgery Friday or not. Maybe your doctor might have a suggestion for your case?

Never feel bad about calling your doctor. Better safe than sorry! Especially if there is something they can do. You deserve to feel better. And I am sure they want that for you, too. You're right, that IS what they are there for... I hope you find some comfort in this area and get the answers you need! Feel better :)