Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

It's a rough day

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Yesterday in physical therapy they used a TENS unit on me. As soon as I left their office I felt cramping in my neck. This morning both shoulders are cramping and my neck hurts really bad on the right side all the way up in to my ears. I've got spasms and awful tightness this morning. What I don't understand is that last Thursday when I used it for the first time ever I had relief for about a day and the pulsing sensation was higher than yesterday. What gives?
The therapist said she wants to start on a new excercise regimen and try traction. I've made no progress and tomorrow is the end of week 3 with them. So, as I've done with everything else, I keep hoping that not enough time has passed and things will get better. I meet with my orthopedic doc Thursday morning to update her and my therapist said to expect the doc to refer me to a neurosurgeon. :|
advertisement

Comments

• I just wanted to say that I am sorry that you are having a rough day. Hopefully you do need a little bit more time in PT to see some positive results....I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing....good luck with everything. Take care....Miki
  • sorry you are not feeling better. Can you refresh my memory, what is it that is going on in your neck? Herniations/Bulges? Keep us posted. I myself just got my referral to a NS. I go 10/6. I have a severe hernation at C6/C7 impinging my spinal cord. That was from 10/07 MRI and I'd bet $100 my condition has deteriorated even more since then at C5/C6 as well.

Sandra