Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm 2wks post op and need some tips on getting comfortable!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi my name is Jennifer I'm 2wks post op,and i'm going out of my mind.I can't get comfortable to sleep or just to sent up in and around the house.I need some advice to help. ~X(
advertisement

Comments

• I'll try and help but I'll need more info before I can. What kind of surgery did you have and what have you tried already to get comfortable? Also, where are you hurting the most right now? Any info would be helpful.
    I'll check back,
    Jewels
  • hi and welcome to spine health. >:D<
    yes kinda hard to give you any personal experience when we don't know what ya had done. cervical? thoracic? lumbar? other body parts????

please let us know when you can.
    i am a cervical and lumbar patient. its hard to get comfortable anywhere. flat is the best but it still hurts.
    i am 7 days out today from my revison spinal fusion and i feel like a cow is sitting on me OR someone punched the crap out of me while i was not aware :O

so depending on what type of surgery you had i use alot of soft gel filled reusable ice packs. pillows. heat only on my legs as it cannot hit the surgery site. and meds.
    it does take awhile for recovery depending on the surgery.

LET US KNOW HUN.
    again welcome ;)
  • Hi, I had L4,L5 Fusion I understand what you mean about the cow thats how i feel.I have tried pillows meds,Hydroconedine,and muscle relaxers but nothing is helping.
  • What's hydroconedine? And what muscle relaxers are you taking?
    I sure hope this is temporary for you . Let us know or better yet your doctor that you are extremely uncomfortable and restless if he doesn't resolve the issue go to pain management physician.
  • Hi,
    I know the feeling of not being able to get comfortable. I too am 2 wks post op of PLIF L5-S1 with hardware. I too take flexiril, and hydrocodone, which helps to some degree. For the last 4 days I have been taking tylenol also to help combat a fever.
    I realize that we must be patient as we have just had major surgery, but as human beings sometimes we get in a hurry. I hope you find some relief, sending good thoughts your way.
  • Glor,
    Just noticed in your post that you are 2 weeks post op and running a fever for 4 days. Please call your doctors office and let them know this. Fever can be due to infection of the surgical site. My doctor told me to keep track of my temp and let him know if I run a fever post op. My surgery was 11 days ago.

I hope your fever is nothing important but don't let it go,
    LJ
  • Hi LJ,
    I hadn't as of yet called them, probably should have, but was going by post op instructions that said if I was to have a fever higher then 101.5 to call them, fortunately it has not gotten that high yet. So far today, no temp, but I will make it a point to call them tomorrow just to make sure.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.