Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello fellow back pain sufferers!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello,

My name is Christine, I am 29. I have had back pain with sciatica for the past 9 months, started just before Christmas 07. I went to my Dr. in Feb of 08 and she told me to take muscle relaxants and ibuprofin. The muscle relaxants only made me sleep and if I wanted to ibuprofin to keep my pain at bay i would have had an ulcer within a month! So I went to Chiro and that took away about 85% of the pain. Then about 4-6 weks ago it came back. So I recently went back to the DR and he sent me for an MRI and I have a herniated disc at L5-S1 and L5 has slipped out of position which i think is Spondy? I am going to a neurosurgery and spine place on 10/17 and I am very curious to see what they suggest for treatment.
advertisement

Comments

• Christine and welcome to the forum. You will find that you will get a lot of support and understanding here....you are not alone. Please keep us posted as to what you find out and if I can ever help you with anything then please just let me know. Take care....Miki
  • This is a good place to be. I hope that your upcoming visits bring good news. Im with you on the muscle relaxants, i too have not found one that works for me and allows me to work. Good luck and keep us posted..