Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Muscle spasm

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Can anyone point me to a working muscle relaxant that does not disable you (read: put you to sleep)? I can not take anything that puts me to sleep because of my 15 month old. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
advertisement

Comments

• where are you getting muscles spasms at?

p.s. Gorgeous baby! patsy
  • zanaflex, skelaxin, soma not helpful...
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,726
    is Rhobaxin = Methocarbamol
    I've tried almost all Muscle relaxers and this one never made me sleepy or groggy
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I use Baclophen. It's heavy duty, but it doesn't make me sleepy. Lovely baby.
  • I was going to suggest Robaxin as well. There is also Flexeril, it does not make me sleepy but others it does. I can not take it as it causes me other side effects that are very discomforting.

Hope this helps!

Chrissy
  • Norgesic
    Aspirin/caffeine/orphenadrineProvided by:

[ Pronunciation: AS pir in/CAF feen/ore FEN ah drin ]
    Brand Names: Norgesic, Norgesic Forte
  • Sorry to hear about your spasms... I know exactly how you're feeling, as I'm sitting here at my office in Sunny Florida with a sweater on and a heavy scarf around my neck to help keep my muscles warm and from spasming.

I've been using Amrix 15mg for the first time for about a month now, and sadly I've been on all the meds everyone has posted. After taking Amrix I couldn't believe how quickly I noticed some relief and it doesn't make me sleepy either. I've been battling spasms since my neck problems started in 2002.

Also, try to keep your neck warm, cold environments tend to make the spasms worse.

I hope this helps & Good Luck :)

I truly recommend you looking into Amrix.
  • Not sure if this will be helpful but will throw it out there anyway. I was having a terrible time with my trapizious (spelling??) muscle constantly going into spasm, that hurt so bad I wanted to rip it right out of my back. However my M.D. put me on an anti-inflamitory. I thought what the heck is that gonna do, I have a muscle spasm I need a muscle relaxer... Anyway I took the medication by the second day things started feeling better, by the fourth day that muscle stopped torturing me and the pain subsided amazingly well. I was shocked as well as relieved that it worked. Side effects are crazy and scary with this NSAID but it worked (so far). Arthrotec 75mg BID.
advertisement