Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hi i hope im posting this in the right place first time doing this In dec of 99 i had a wall fall on me pushing my head pass my shoulder i work for 2 weeks with pain i ended up haveing 3 4 and 5 disk in my neck taken out what was left of them and 3 4 5 6 fuse together with 1 long T plate put in im still hurtting from it so the doc had a MRI done in oct of 08 and found my C2 is bulging putting presure on my spinal cord my hands going nume tinngaling shoulders hurt like some one hit me with a ballbat he tryed 3 times with epaderals it made it worse he told me that thay cant do nothing till its life threating gave me some pt to do at home and that was it theres not a doc around that will touch me or talk to me i dont know what to do my work comp cass worker dont have anything to say i cant sleep in my bed what sleep i get is in a chair laying back alittal bit thay gave me loritabs 7.5 3 time a day im looking for some ansures dose any one have any oo yes workcomp what me to take a buy out for $10.000 :?? :O
advertisement

Comments

• yes $10.000 my question is this is there some thing eles other cutting me open agine to help me its getting to me not going to my girls ball games thats played at nights or going fishing cant sit in the boat that long cant do much of anything now friends dont stop over any more there mad at me cus i wont give them any pills im sorry for whinning but no one understand my pain or what im going throug im 47 and still got a long time left on this erath is there anything out there that can help
  • I would say as much as it hurts, talk to your doctor about excersise. It's painful at first, but in the end, it strengthens your muscles and ability to cope with pain... :)
  • I can relate to what you are going through, Iam fused from c3-c7 with plate. I know you feel like nobody understands what you are going through but believe me I do. I was very active before all of this, Iam only 42, with 2 kids who are active and I cannot keep up with them. I am in pain everyday, some days worse than others, but my kids keep me going. I may try to do things with them and then be down in bed for a few days after but atleast I spent quality time with them. It is very hard, I used to ride horses, 4-H leader, camp, fish, hunt. I can longer do any of those things, it is too painful.
    As far as sleeping in bed, I try to do alittle of both. I sleep in my chair. Try when you sleeping in bed to lay on your side with a body pilloe, put the body pillow between your legs. Make sure the pillow under your neck is keeping your head aligned and not too fluffy, that is what kills ya.
    I really hope things get better for you, if you need to talk anymore feel free to PM me. I really know how rough things can be.It really sucks!!!!!
    Jeanette
  • ive been sitting here trying to think of something to say to you and cant come up with anything except thinking about myself im sorry for that. im sorry that your going through the same thing I am.For 8 years ive been in pain taking pain pills not sleeping not being the kine of dad my girls need when u hurt u dont like no one for 8 years iv been seeing people looking at me like theres nothing wrong with me never had to use foodstamps and them looking at me like i was to lazy to get a job ive tryed to make the best of it i sold evry thing i have but this pc i dont know what i would do with out it now i live on $500 a month cuse i cant work and now my C2 is bulging putting presure on my spindal cord and been told that theres nothing can be done till it threaten my life I wounder would thay say that if i had blue x blue shild? i have O R A now celabrx helps some. i use to say it always could be worse im so tired of saying that i dont think it could be worse
  • Hi...I am wondering about this WC buyout. $10,000 seems like a very small sum, considering that you have had surgery. Did you accept a WC settlement back when you had the surgery? Usually what will happen is that you are offered a settlement when WC feels that everything that can be medically done has been done. You should have been rated after your surgery by an authorized state WC doctor, and then there is a formula they use to determine how much money they will give you. It's based on your age, how much money you make, on average and the percentage of "disability" the doctor rates you at. It has NOTHING to do with how much pain you are in. Pain is not rateable. If you DID already receive a settlement, then you have the option to re-open your case if your condition has worsened, and possibly be rated again. Your settlement would then be the difference between what you are rated at now and the amount of money you received previously. Be aware that WC will do everything in their power to get you to go away without acknowleging your injury. This is how they try to weed out fraud and med seekers. We went through this with my husband, and it took over a year to get our settlement. He did NOT opt for surgery, so his settlement was low ($24000), but he has the option to reopen the case at any time if his condition worsens or if he decides to have surgery, at which time he would be re-rated. The laws are different in every state, so you may want to talk to an attorney. hope this helps...
  • Just to let you know, I have been to surgeons that won't touch me until its really bad. How Bad? probably when I'm paralyzed. And I have BCBS
advertisement