Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

NEW new update on leg shaving fiasco

LoLLo Posts: 694
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So I went to see my Neurosurgeon today. She said that she didn't want to leave my foot the way it was for 3 weeks, until my scheduled fusion date... That it could become permanent and she'd hate to see that happen to a 22 year old otherwise healthy person. She said my options were: to wait, if I wanted to, to do a MicroD tomorrow and then reschedule the fusion in 6 weeks, OR move the fusion up. So she called up the Vascular surgeon right in front of me and asked him if he had any sooner dates. First they came to October 6, at a hospital I didn't really want to go to, but I said okay anyway. Then she asked if tomorrow was too soon, and I said no, I don't think so. SO she is canceling her first case tomorrow and taking mine instead, and the Vascular surgeon made room in his schedule, too, because of the urgency of the situation. It means I won't be having my first appointment with the Vascular surgeon next week, as planned, or my pre-admissions testing appointment at the hospital either... But they said it was okay because I Was young. Thankfully my mom could get the day off on such short notice, and my boyfriend, too... Cause they had both taken off the 16. I'm kind of a scaredy cat. It was different when I had 3 weeks to prepare... But 12 hours isn't much. They think it's the best option, though, both my surgeon and the P.A. He was really happy that my surgeon could get me in so soon. SOOO I will be leaving at 5am tomorrow to be there for 5:30am. My boyfriend is going to pick up the Valium my NS prescribed me for tonight. At least I think so. He's in a really irritable mood and he's being kind of snappy at me. Won't lie.. It made me cry a little. I think it's kind of insensitive of him to treat me like that right now. It's not my fault I have back issues and something that is urgent :( I feel like I should apologize, or something. *Sigh* What can ya do?
advertisement

Comments

• That's good your surgery is moved up for tomorrow seeing how urgent it really is. Fingers crosssed and prayers for you. I hope your boyfriend is more supporting, that is really upsetting. Take care of yourself and hope to hear how well you're recovering soon. Bye for now Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Good luck Lo. I'll be thinking about you. It is really great the docs are working together to get you the help you need.

Yvonne
  • Lo, if you have to have surgery, might as well have it asap. At least you won't have time to work yourself up to a frenzy, before you'll realize it, it will be over.
    Good luck, I'll be thinking of you. I am leaving town in the morning, but will check for any news when I get back on Wednesday.

Take care, and relax!!! Hope everything will go smoothly.

Hugs,

kin
  • Wishing you the best of luck & a speedy recovery! >:D<
  • Good Luck with your surgery and your recovery. Take your time and get better a little before rushing back online. When you feel up to it let us know how youre doing.

Best WIshes,
    Christina :)
  • You're right. I might as well just get it over with. I've been scrambling around since I got home, running out to the store, putting money in the bank, cleaning, showering, getting my son all set for the night, and his stuff ready for the morning... Forgot to eat! Lol. I am keeping myself busy so hopefully I will fall asleep alright. I normally have TERRIBLE insomnia.

Thanks for your support & well wishes :) >:D<
  • Thank you very, very much! >:D<
  • Thank you! I appreciate it :)

Luckily I have a laptop, so it's pretty convenient to occupy my time. Reading crime stories, mostly! :)

• And boyfriend is being much more supportive now :) I brought him food! Lol. Food always puts him in a better mood :)
  • Will be the first day of the rest of your life! Glad to hear boyfriend has come around....too funny, my wife says the same thing about me when i'm hungry...i'm very irritable!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Get some rest.
  • I can't believe how fast they were able to move your surgery up! Thank goodness they are concerned enough to take care of you so quickly! I'm sure your boyfriend is probably just a little worried. Guys sometimes just don't know how to deal with or express how they're feeling in these situations. Shoot, who does?

Good luck darlin' If you feel up to it, I'm usually here for a chat. Do you have msn instant messanger? There's some pretty fun games on there that I play with my bff in California (Wheel of Fortune/Scrabble/Solitaire showdown)

I'll send you a PM with my address ok =)

Goodnite, and sweet dreams!
  • Good luck Lo, I'm sure you will do just fine and be back here in no time telling us all about your adventure.

Take care.
  • Lo, I am so happy to hear they are getting it all done in one shot, so to speak. That is great news, and you didn't have to stew the last 2 weeks waiting for it to get here. I know you are going to do great, cause you are such a trooper with all you have been through. Now you try to get a little rest tonight, I know it will be hard but yay for valium. I took xanax the night before surgery and I slept 6 hours. Before you know it you will be on the other side of all of this recooperating with the rest of us. Will look forward to hearing all about it when you are home and up to it. Best of luck Lo, Sue
  • You'll be in my thoughts today, look forward to the update on how it all went. Is your son being looked after at your place or is he going somewhere else?

Best of luck, and try to use the hospital stay to relax and recover a bit, anyone with kids knows how full on life is at home!

Take care

Cheeka
  • Good luck lo! Its great they moved your surgery up - much better than to wait and risk it.

Let us know how you get on

N
  • We were out last night. Finally family meal before son goes to Uni, then I went stright to bed as I was pooped!

But FAB news about the quick surgery. You'll be 10 days ahead of me, and be able to tell me what to look out for!

I had my pre op this morning - blood, wee and MRSA tests as well as Long discussion re pains meds, epidural etc with the anaethatist. He was really nice and has worked with the surgeon for 12 years.

Anyway - you'll be on your way now. I wish you all the best luck and good wishes

Catch up soon

Hugs and smiles
    xxx
  • I will be thinking of you this morning..sorry I didn't see the post until just now! glad it was moved up.
    My husband gets snippy too..usually a sign he is scared. I understand how you feel.
    donna
  • Lo,

May you have the best surgery and a painfree stay at the hospital.

Good luck,

Julie
advertisement