Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Strange New Pains

JoyJJoy Posts: 560
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
For the past couple of days I have been having the strangest new pains...it's like a REALLY bad stinging in the hollow of my butt. (Well, to be truthful, I have no hollow, but it's where it would be if I had one.) It burns, then goes away, then comes back. Just off and on. My surgery was 6/28. Anyone else had pains like this? Thought I would ask you guys first. I hate to call my doc with "I've got a pain in my butt." Any ideas?
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry your having new pain. You did write you over did with the grocery thing. Could be that. Or could be the nerves.
    Give the dr a shout. No question is silly when it comes to post op questions and new pain.
    They may want to see you for a xray etc. Or just tell you to rest and take it easy.
    Let us know how you make out sweetie.

Huggies
    Terri >:D< :* >:D< :*
  • Pain in the butt :D - but I guess we just have to call it like we feel it -

I'm about a month behind you and I get weird feelings there too - sometimes like I'm holding a bowling ball in the hollow of my lower back, other times like I'm breaking apart and creaking when I try to take a step first thing in the morning.

When is your next apt.? Is it bad enough that you need resolution asap? Go ahead and call if it's keeping you up nights is what I say :)

Good luck!
  • My surgeon told me today that I am to EXPECT new pains as the muscles and nerves begin to heal and grow back. It may be from that. ? I know that I have had lots of different pains since my surgery. I did not even have donor area pain until I was about a month post op! Just last week, I had what felt like OLD pain-much not as intense-I asked him about that and he said the xrays were good so it must be the healing process. Hope you feel better soon!
  • I'm not having the pain now...it went away after I laid down for a while. Thanks for listening you guys! You are the greatest! (My next appointment is not until 10/20, so if it comes back again I will give him a call.)
  • When I had new r leg pain and called my NS he never called back, but then a ran into him in the hospital by chance. He said to expect new pains on either side that will come and go. Lots of odd sensations with these Spiney surgeries, that is for sure. Today I too have a new pain in the right bum cheek, right on the part of your pelvis that you sit on, if that makes sense. I am gonna let it ride and see what it does ;)
advertisement