Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Looking for people to expose WC for what it really is.

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Water Cooler
Hi my name is Deb my husband was injured 2 years ago 9/11 will never forget this day because it has changed our lives forever much like all of you. I have posted her before but now I am asking for your help once again.

I would like to write a book to expose the WC system for what it really is corrupt and money hungry. So many people are hurting and loosing everything they own because they were injured at work trying to make a living.

I have started the book but really could use some help with some insider information on WC and the legal system.

If any of you have any input or would like to share your stories for this book please let me know.

I would love for the rest of the world know exactly what they are up against everyday they go to work and put there lives, and livelyhood on the line for employers.

Thanks

Deb
advertisement

Comments

• This sounds like a good project!!! I don't have any information to share.

I did work for a shipping company once, loading tractor trailers with packages. They trained us thoroughly and extensively about how to properly lift packages.

One day I picked up a box off of the rollers (above waist high) I didn't bend, held the box close, took a step, and collapsed. I had to yell for help because I couldn't get up off the floor, the pain in my back was so intense.

I finished out the shift with light duty, basically they had me sit in the break room for the last hour. If I had gone home, that would have messed up our 'XX safe work days' Which would have ticked off all my co-workers who got prizes for getting up to 1,000 safe work days.

Anyway, I went to the doctor the next day, and showed up to work with a light duty restriction. I was suddenly approached by all of these men I didn't know. It was a group of managers from around the entire building. I only knew one, who was the manager of my area. They took me into this room, and grilled me over and over about the accident. They were interrogating me like it was a police investigation, trying to get me to "slip up"

I would say, I picked up the box and took a step to the left. They would say, "so you twisted when you were supposed to pivot" I would say "No, I took a step to the left, I didn't twist" It was almost like they were trying to scare me into taking the blame for the accident, so they wouldn't be responsible.

I swear, I came home crying. I was afraid. They really frightened me, like I was being held by the mob or something. I went back to normal duties, and never went out on WC. I feel however that what they did to me, must be common practice with that company, and I don't think its fair to interrogate me like a criminal, trying to make me out to be a liar. I had no intention of suing them or whatever. I didn't even want to go to the doctor, but did so just to cover my butt.

Don't know if that helps... If you make #1 bestseller in your book, I hope to see my name credited =)) !!!

Good Luck!
  • You are not alone I have heard so many stories like yours. It is unfortunate what actually happens in this country. My husband and his boss were best friends and he turned on him as soon as he was hurt. Needless to say they are no longer friends.

We have had PI's at our house for the past six months just watching for my husband to do something he isn't supposed to to so they can say look he is faking.

We are still fighting not only WC but he is now out of a job, friends and family.

This truly is a terrible system. My husband will never work again and he will not see more than two years salary if he is lucky. Our attorney says if he was hurt in a auto accident it would be different. To make things worse he had a malpractice issue during his first surgery that has led him to need a second surgery. Now we deal with that.

I really would like to expose this system, maybe others will not suffer like we have and so many people on this site has.

Deb
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,722
    we can not approve your soliciting other members input openly. If you want to gather information, then please do this via email or the private message system.
    I am sorry, but please conduct your research in a different manner.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com