Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

nerve ablation this Sat 27th

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Pain Management
Thanks for all messages over the weeks
Any more suggestions?????

I have my first nerve ablation tomorrow for the low back and groin pain

I understand Pm is doing two levels- on each side so that is 4 ablations, I think.
Anxious but all your advice has been helpful.

Hoping I can keep two Md appts I have on Monday

Betty sharpie 60
advertisement

Comments

• Good luck with your procedure Betty. Please post back here afterwards to let us know how it went.

"C"
  • Thanks - will do --
    Sharpie 60
    Betty
  • I just, for the first time, talked to my PM about this procedure. And she was pretty receptive to me about it. Let me know how it goes for you. I have heard good and bad about it, so you just never know!

Thanks and hope it goes well.

Alina
  • Hello my friend hope all goes as good for you as mine went for me. I am going in Tues. for the ablation now on my neck. I had 3 levels done on lower back and did very very well and now it has been what maybe 1-2 months and still doing very well. My neck is going to be 2 levels hope I have that luck with my back that I am going to have with the neck. By time you read this you will be home. PM me and let me know how you are feeling. You get rest and ice ice ice. ;)
  • Hello all

My daughter and I apparently both misunderstood when we saw the PM Sept 13th, I am actually grateful for that so that I do not feel as if I am losing my hearing.

On that date Sept 13th, I had to tell PM I had several tests coming up for ? of gallbladder and the Pm said to hold off on ablation. Gallbladder was more important and he would see me about " it" in 2 weeks.

Well we understood "it" meant he would do ablation in 2 weeks.
    Instead , he meant we would discuss it in two weeks.

Gallbladder is still not certain so we set date for pre test Oct 10 and ablation Oct 21st because those are dates my daughter can take me.

So, thanks for all good wishes and keep good thoughts coming that this all works out.

I believe everything happens for a reason and Oct 8th I get my gallbladder hydriscan results so maybe this is not supposed to be for now.

Thanks again
    Betty
    Sharpie 60

• i have a few questions i need to ask before i have it done L3-4 and thoracic T11-12 my dr says hurts no more than an epidural nerve block , then i have also heard it hurts like Xxxx i need to know the truth . before i have it done ive had many epidurals and many facet blocks as i have right now 5 bulging discs another word for herniated disc in the upper back there is no room for any inflamation or any protruding disc in the space it can press on spinal cord and paralize me i found out yesterday searching the web as i allways do to find answers to my many problems with a lousy back tim 58
  • tim58 said:
    i have a few questions i need to ask before i have it done L3-4 and thoracic T11-12 my dr says hurts no more than an epidural nerve block , then i have also heard it hurts like Xxxx i need to know the truth . before i have it done ive had many epidurals and many facet blocks as i have right now 5 bulging discs another word for herniated disc in the upper back there is no room for any inflamation or any protruding disc in the space it can press on spinal cord and paralize me i found out yesterday searching the web as i allways do to find answers to my many problems with a lousy back tim 58
    i was lightly sedated during my rhizotomy,and i it didnt hurt....
  • I was given a cocktail of versed and fentanyl before the rhizotomy (5 levels) and YES it did hurt. I remember every minute of it. But, It was well worth it for me as the rhizotomy gives me the best relief for my facet pain. Good luck and keep us posted.
advertisement