Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

new here. L3-4-5-S1 HERIATED CRAZY PAIN

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in New Member Introductions
:jawdrop: GOT AN MRI 9-22-07 AND FOUND ALL THE HERNIATIONS. SAW A CHIROPRACTOR AND GOT THE DRX9000 SPINAL DECOMPRESSION 23 TREATMENTS AND DID NOT WORK. TRY STRETCHING, MASSAGE, DIET.
I CAN NOT STAND UP STRAIGHT. IN AN S-FORMATION WITH MY HIP OUT TO THE SIDE FOR 6-7 WEEKS NOW. I USED TO GET FLAIR UPS AND WOULD REST FOR A WEEK AND WOULD BE OK. JUST GOT ANOTHER MRI DONE A WEEK AGO AND THE BLACK DISCS LOOK BIGGER. GOING TO SEE A NEUROSURGEON ON 10-9-08. CANT WAIT TO HOPEFULLY GET SOME ANSWERS. ~X( ~X( ~X( ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS IT WOULD HELP. THANK YOU.

SAM
advertisement

Comments

• I too have L5-S1 and pain for 7 months. I tried everything but am not a candidate for surgery as this can resolve on it's own. A referral to a Pain clinic Doctor could help also for you. They prescribe meds and minor trigger point injections that could help with some of your pain.Do you have pain or numbness in your legs or feet also? Are you on meds right now? Hope you get the info you need and to help you. I considered the Drx9000 but with out being able to drive I could never make it there so frequently. Nice to meet you and see you around. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I had the dreaded hip list & sore leg.It's the bodies way of trying to get that offending bit of disc off the nerve. I was like a bent banana when you looked at the xrays. Tried PT, Steroid injection in the spot, finally got a discectomy.L4/L5 What a difference, no pain and walking straight again. Most of my discomfort now is using the muscles correctly again.My L/h calf has shrunk to 1/2 it's normal size from not being able to put weight on it.I was only about 3 1/2 mths from initial injury til operation. 2 1/2s weeks post op now & glad I got on to it quick.
    Cheers JR
  • Hiya Sam,
    Welcome to Spine Health. >:D< I am having flare-ups, in the morning i wake in so much pain :''( . My problems stemed from L4/L5/S1 .Good Luck with the NS. Keep us posted.

Angie x
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are in so much pain. ~X( it can take time and energy to find a treatment plan and a good doctor. good luck and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • :H I also had severe herniated/bulging disk at levels S1 to L3.I put up with the pain for over a year,when a fall on the ice fractured level S1.I went to a great nerosurgen whom said that a tri/level surgery was indicated.I did get a 2nd opinion and had the same results.I had my surgery on 1/15/08.I have fused on the two upper levels but no fusion at all in the lower.My pain level is at a constant 8/10 on the pain scale.So still on meds,percocet and lyrica,klonopin,flexerel,atarax,and mexium.The doc says that it can take up to 18months for that lower level to fuse,it is a weight bearing site.Its a crap shoot on spinal fusion,you just roll the dice and hope it all works out,if not then they have to go back in and fix the problem.GOOD LUCK
advertisement