Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I'm freaked out

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Spinal Stenosis
I'm really freaking out you guys. I went to the neurologist yesterday. I was impressed with her bio which is why I choose her. She's also an OD and has many awards and honors.

Anyway, she did a nerve conduction test on my left leg as well as listen to my muscles. All were normal. Good right? Then she told me that she doesn't think the cerival or lumbar stenosis is causing the facial numbness or the majorly hyper active reflexes. She says my symptoms are more in line with MS (which is one of her specialties.)We talked about FMS as well. Also the possibility that I may have brain scar tissue from one of my accidents in which I was knocked out. I'm really scared. It seems that I am going to get another diagnosis along with stenosis (isn't one bad enough?)

She had the MRI (with contrast) done immediately yesterday so I shouldn't have to wait long for the results.

Do any of you have numbness in the face along with extremities and or hyper reflexes? I'm freaked out...really freaked out now.

advertisement

Comments

• I wish that I had some answers for you. I believe (If I remember correctly) that I have mild lumbar stenosis. I do not however have these symptoms.

Don't be worried about getting yet another diagnoses. Think of it as one step closer to getting the proper treatment. I know how hard it is not to freak out. A lot easier said than done!! (I'm kinda having my own freak out right now, but I wont bore you with that!)

Just do your best to put this in the back of your mind for now. Hopefully someone here will come along soon with better answers for you! :)

Good Luck!
    Amanda
  • Sorry to hear that you are going thru something as well. YOu are right...not worth freaking out and hopefully I'll finally get some answers. Just seems we keep going back and forth. I thought MS and Fibro had been ruled out. At least I have good dr.s and a great PT that are helping me through this and take it seriously.

Try not to let your condition (whatever it is) get in the way of enjoying your 2 yr old and your pregnancy (it's the only time we truly get to be one with another.) I have 3 grown boys but 2 years old is one my favorite ages to be around. They are so cute and curious ;o)

Thanks again Amanda, I;ll be praying for you.
    Lauren