Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Breath Taking

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 970
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
Hiya,
I am going to describe my lastest symtems, can anyone tell me if they have had the same experience :| . I wake in the mornings with sharp breath taking pain my back in a spasm :''( . I get a burning pain in my right hip. i am getting a radiating pain in my right leg again, similar to before i had the disctectomy :( . I get pain down my left leg just to the knee. Pain in my right elbow its a sharp pain but when i put my arm up , its as though its an heavy weight pulling it back down. :( I would be grateful of any personal input, your so miserably. Angie ~X(

Angie x
advertisement

Comments

• hi angie,
    so you got up this morning to a bad start i take it????
    ive been there also i do feel for you it just gets you so down to get up to this every morning doesnt it.
    my back pain is very minimal now i must say but as for the leg pain no no no!!!
    i still have that burning pain in my hip after about 4 months after surgery the pain down to the kneee did disappear but as i said the hip and upper thigh pain is still there it is a different pain than before the surgery but by god yes it is there!!!
    it is a deep heavy burining feeling thats the only way i could describe it really i hope that helps you.
    and yes yes i do get thoses pains in my arms that you describe in your elbows with the same feeling as you so i suppose were 2 of a kind!!!
    hope it helps you to know that your not on your own out there.

LOVE PAULA
  • Hiya,
    Thankyou for your lovely post >:D< . I get up like it every morning , its just getting to the point i cant take much more :''( . I forgot to say in my last post , i also sleep alot , well i catnap, its as though this is taking up all my energy I) .Did you have surgery on your hip? :S I thought the pain in my elbow (because its the right one) could be due to me putting all the weight on it when im trying to get out of bed :( . I cry with this pain most days :''( . I am waiting to have more epidurals and facet joint injections, im not convinced these will help as they did before, because this is much much more advanced than it was. ~X( :(

Angie x
  • my surgery was discectomy of L5/S1 my hip problem only occured after my surgey...........i did mention it to my GP a few times after surgey but it was never taken notice off :''(
    when i went to see my surgeon pre and post op he did say to me to expect another discectomy within 2yrs and a fusion within 10yrs :SS :SS
    that i have learnt to deal with i do understand it.
    the NHS list was in such a terrible way here at the time (i waited 3yrs to be seen) that they(NHS) sent me to a private surgeon in Leeds to speed up the process.classy place it was indeed me and my sis went all expences paid right down to the hotel my sis was put up in and all her meals!!!
    a nicer bunch of people i couldnt have asked to be dealing with me but then again it was a private place!!!
    so when i came home i wasnt on the spinal surgeon list here in ireland,until i was admitted in may to hospital there they relasied that i had had no follow up treatment but then after another mri the spinal surgeon whom i finally got to see tried to pass the buck to gynie!!! i finally got to see gynie a few weeks ago who then came up with the conculsion that yes there were problems in there for them to deal with but also that the nerves had been damaged when i had my op back in jan sooooooooo they now want me back on the spinal surgeons list and they to will be dealing with me.
    its a long road ahead but sure we will get there some day :W :W
    anyhow back to the elbow bit ............i find as the winter approaches the pains in my arms maximaise it does happen to my legs also and i find when im walking down the stairs sometimes my knees lock.
    i had both injections before surgery the epidural did absolutely nothing for me so then they tried the facet joint injections after that and yes i did get a little relief from that i was actually thing of asking for that again before the winter gets any worse just a though i had on that one.
    well anyhow enough of me rambling on here good to chat to a fellow brit!!

LOVE PAULA
  • Hiya Paula,
    You have been through so much >:D< , and much more to come >:D<
    I thought when you go private say for the problems you have, and its connected with your back or any surgery you had on the NHS, that you get automatically seen by the NHS surgeons :/ . And they have to correct it.I know where you are coming from about the cold weather hitting the bones i can really feel it in my knee :''( . About your knees locking have you ever had them x-rayed? because i had that same problem and it turned out i had cartlidge floating about in my knee, it was quite big to, it rubbed that much against the bone , i now have grade three arthritis, this can cause so much referred pain :( .Thankyou for your input , its just nice to know im not alone. :)

Angie x
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.