Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Failed Posterior Spinal Fusion! No pain until AFTER surgery...

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
I only had my rods in five years before my neck started to curve forward and I have burning, stabbing, aching pains all over my spine, especially where the rods are in my thoracic area, and my neck is super unstable. Anyone else run into this problem??? Would like to know how you're handling it and what sort of treatment you get...I am a slave to the chiropractor for the last four years...have to go at least once a week, sometimes twice just to "get by" and not even to feel good, and obviously can only get manual adjustment in my neck and the rest is treated with a device called an activator. Does anyone else have this same problem? :-(
advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorry that no one has replied to this message yet. I saw it last night and figured by now that someone would have seen it.

I do not have the same problem. I have many others of a different nature.

Have you sought the advice of another doctor yet?

"C"
  • Edy,

I have a back fusion and this sounds as if you are
    weakening outside your rods so you bend forward.

I don't believe in chiopractors after fusions as they may
    aggravate a condition.

I know my doctor said that my rods may cause it where the vertebraes above the rods could weaken.

I try not to strain my area around my fusion and certainly stay away from manipulation but do go to physical therapy to assist with the problems outside my hardware such as deep spasms with myofascial release.

You can go to YOU TUBE and type in self myofascial release exercise around the area you are speaking about and it might help.

It seems you certainly seem to need to be evaluated to see if your vertabrae outside your fusion have had something happen and quickly.

With the chiopatric care you might have stenoisis and the chiopator is releiving the pressure from the spine but it could irritate it more.

Please check it out before more chiopractor treatment. ~X(
  • Edy said:
    I only had my rods in five years before my neck started to curve forward and I have burning, stabbing, aching pains all over my spine, especially where the rods are in my thoracic area, and my neck is super unstable. Anyone else run into this problem??? Would like to know how you're handling it and what sort of treatment you get...I am a slave to the chiropractor for the last four years...have to go at least once a week, sometimes twice just to "get by" and not even to feel good, and obviously can only get manual adjustment in my neck and the rest is treated with a device called an activator. Does anyone else have this same problem? :-(
    i would say stay away from the ciropractor,pain managment may help,as for the unstable spine, i would think a revision would stabalize it,go to a spine surgeon, i walked around with my cervical spine not being stable, and it did damage, surgery is scary -- but sometimes it has to be done to prevent further damage-- good luck
  • im also sorry this took so long to answer. so many postings are put in, some far and few between are let go, or people just have not had your issue and read then skip over it if they have no advice to offer.
    hope your still around on the boards to see all of your replies???

yes i agree with the others. i surely am not in the medical profession, but i would totally avoid the chiro to if your having issues with a fusion.

its possible get into pain managment also the dr that did the orginal surgery. mabye it needs to be redone????
    no one should have to live in that pain if it can be corrected...

so start there with pain managment, contacting your surgeon etc..

hang in there we are here to support you through anything!!!
    O:) O:) O:) O:)
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.