Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My First Spin Class

Yvonne1503YYvonne1503 Posts: 129
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I just got home from my first spin class at the gym. It was a beginner’s class and kicked my butt. I was able to finish it but boy was it tough. I was pleasantly surprised there was NO back pain at all!!!!!! Now my legs are a different story, they feel like they are gonna fall off. hehe

advertisement

Comments

• hi evie i had this convo with ben and doof y/day do you think spin class is ok for us lot to do????
    im really curious about it.

LOVE PAULA
  • During my last PT session, I informed them that I was joining the gym. I also asked what they thought of a spin class, they told me I could try the class and to see how I felt. They were really happy about me joining the gym.

I made sure I got the OK from them first.

Love ya.

Evie :)
  • I can't move. lol

My legs are so sore I can barely walk. No one told me this side effect to exercising. I'm not spinning today, maybe not even walking today. jeez.

L)
  • Ouch I see they have spin classes at my gym. I just do 6 minutes on the exercise bike to warm up. I can't imagine doing a spin class. I looked in there the other day and thought to myself that's one thing I will never be doing. I do lift weights though but only the ones approved by my PT and at my own pace. I hope your sore legs get better soon.
  • I am a cyclist and you have done very well and we need to pass this message onto others that although you may have though it would give you additional back pain is some cases it does not and another additional strategy for improvement. It is not weight bearing and long as you pace well and within your range things should improve and a fantastic achievement. I carry 12 litres of water around to increase my resistance and although it take a lot of effort even when I am going slow am still working hard and good for your heart as well.

Take care, and have fun

John
advertisement