Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

So damn frustrated i am going crazy!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Chronic Pain
I am on W/C since May and have not gotten anywhere with these fools.I fell in a manhole broke ribs,pelvis and have two bulging disks.The problem i am having is trying to get them to approve the tests and procedures the Dr's have ordered.I am still waiting for a test from my neurologist to be approved.I have had blood in my urin since the fall and these jerks are playing games with me.I was scheduled for my first epi on monday and my pain management called yesterday and informed me that this still has not been approved yet !I am going crazy.Not to mention what the state of Georgia pays for W/C wages...66% not enough to live on.Also not to mention the fact that AIG is the insurance co for my work!!I am getting depressed(not kidding) I have never been in this situation ever.I cannot believe AIG and the adjuster they gave me could do this? It took them almost three months to get my first check...At that time i lost my car was put in collection,had so many over drafts and i am in the process of loosing my house because i am 4 mo in the rearage!!!..Now this crap with the pain i am dealing with and the ignorant people who are not helping me.Do not get hurt at work,it is not worth it at all.I am sorry to post this,it just helps me with getting it off my chest.If it is in the wrong area forgive me. God Bless, Matti. K
advertisement

Comments

• Do they WC lawyers? I think I have heard advertisements for them. I would call around. Maybe you can get some legal help on your side. I am betting that the insurance company would work much faster if they thought they couldn't screw with you so to speak.

I think a lawyer may also be able to get a freeze on certain bills. Its worth a shot at least.

Good Luck
    Amanda
  • 66% Outrageous! You just can't count on them to take care of employees when they're hurt. Once you get hurt, you have to go thru hoops, and doctors that I wouldn't trust with my pets. And you have to fight with them for everything. And also be under surveillance.
    In the future, if you get better and maybe move to another job, do these things to protect your livelihood.

Get short term disability insurance
    Get long term disability insurance
    Get life insurance

Protect yourself and your family. My husband learned the hard way a few years ago. Yes it's extra money coming out your paycheck, but it will save you in case of injury in the future.
    I hope you get better soon and get things back on track. I'm really sorry for what happened and my heart goes out to you.
  • Having had to fight w/c and sue my former employer (a process that took over 3 years), I know exactly how you feel. It is hard and certainly not fair! However, it is what it is and you need to arm yourself with a good attorney who will fight for you and your rights. Please do not wait any longer, find yourself an attorney that specializes in w/c-most of them work on contingency, meaning they don't get paid until and unless you get paid. Also, many of them also specialize in Soc Sec Disability, which it sounds like you may be a candidate for as well (SSD is a VERY slow process, so the sooner you apply, the better! I'm STILL waiting and it's been almost 3 1/2 years).

I won't get into all of the details of my fight with w/c and SSDI, but if you'd like any information I can provide, feel free to PM me and I'd be MORE than happy to help. I am fighting with all my might to prevent injured workers from ending up like me because I know first hand what it's like to get messed over simply because my job rendered me disabled. PLEASE don't EVER stop fighting! You CAN beat this!

Best of luck to you....we really do care.
This discussion has been closed.