Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

conflicting mri and ct reports

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Lower Back Pain
This seems odd to me.... I had ALIF on L5 S1. The doctor did an MRI about four weeks after surgery. The MRI report talks about L5S1 however, I had a CT Scan last month and the report only talks about surgery at L4-L5. I don't understand this at all. My pm doctor looked at the report and took his own xrays this week, he says that he needed to make sure the surgery was in fact done on L5S1. He says that I have a transitional vertebrae (which I knew) and he believes the radiologist read the ct scan wrong. How can I make sure of this? One says one thing one says something else entirely. I still have the same pain in my back, along with nerve pain in my right leg. The ct report says that L3 L4 is now bulging, but it was not noted before surgery. The only thing the Ct scan says about L5 S1 is it has decreased disc height.
I know that fusion surgery can cause problems with the level above surgery, but if surgery was done on L5 S1 shouldn't the problem be with L4 and not L3? That would have been the next level up.
Any ideas?
Lori
advertisement

Comments

This discussion has been closed.