Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What kind of time span before going back to the gym?

chris71cchris71 Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:23 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I'm just over ten weeks microdiscectomy post op now and things are going well.Back to work,walking and swimming three times a week with no pain in the legs or back.I know it is much to early but what kind of time are we looking at before i can get back in the gym and do a bit of weight training?
advertisement

Comments

• :) glad to hear you are having a successful recovery. =D> now is the time to speak to your pt or your doctor. they will best know the if the time is right to start working our in the gym. good luck and don't overdo! Jenny :)
  • Definitely check with the doc or PT. My NS had me starting at 1 month out lifting light weights and working up from there. I felt like a wimp for the first week and then my body kicked into gear.

"C"
  • 1 month ! Blimey that was quick.I think i'll give the NS a ring this week and see what he says.
  • Hi all, I'm now 6wks post with Lumbar Fusion with dowels (BMP) and plate and screws. Walking 3 miles x2 a day. Walking in pool also. For the most part pain free some tingleing and stuff once in a while. Dr says can going diving in Feb, just curious, any one back to running yet? Dr told me that I would be able to run again but would have to stay at 10k and maybe a 1/2 marathon, this woudl not happen until summer 09. Was very active with Tri's and cycling ect.

Anyone back to running? Hope everyone is doing great and take it slow
  • MTNK2
    hey i am a runner too. i had c1 c2 fused sept 09. i am only allowed to walk or stationary bike right now.

i can't wait to run again. i was training to run a marathon before i injured myself.

let me know how u make out.

i see my NS dec 04. i did not even ask him about the running. i think that is why he won't let me out of this maimi j collar. he knows i will go full throttle. lol
advertisement